Can you make photo albums on the SD card??

shoii

May 17, 2013
Visit site
I know when you set photos to save on the SD it automatically makes a folder named camera. Is there a way to make new folders that can also save on the SD? All the new ones I make they go automatically to internal storage.

Posted via Android Central App

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Yes, you can do this by using a third party file manager and navigating to the SD card. Once there create another folder. You'll have to move photos to this folder as the camera won't automatically save images there.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using AC Forums mobile app

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
You don't actually need a 3rd-party file manager. My Files that comes with the phone will do (though it's far from elegant). You do need to know where to look, though. /storage/extSdCard/DCIM/Camera is the path to the folder where the camera stores pics and videos if you tell it to put them on the card. You can use My Files or another manager to create other folders under DCIM (they need to be there for Gallery to find them) and move items to them. You can also connect the phone to a PC and do folder management with Explorer. But I don't think you can tell the stock Camera app to automatically store pics in a folder other than DCIM.

pharologst

Aug 8, 2011
Visit site
All my xamera pics show in DCIM and the Stock Gallery and Quickpics both show this file with the pics. As I dont save every pic from the camera I pick and chose and move the ones I want to existing folders I created within a folder named My Pix located on my sd card. Both Gallery and Quikpix recognize all these folders. Not any problem to move them within Gallery or Quickpix or with a folder manager app.

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I recently got the galaxy s4 and I am having problems with the storage of the pictures in my gallery. I want ALL of my pictures to save on my SD card, this was possible with other android phones where there was no such thing as external memory, in fact the phones camera wouldnt even function without an SD. I was able to change the settings on the camera to where pictures I take with the camera will save on my SD card, the problem comes when I take a screenshot, or save a picture from an APP such as facebook messenger or ifunny. Thesse automatically create a new album by the name of the app and save on the external memory. I know you can move pictures afterwards and move them to external memory.... but I want a way in which I can set the default location as mt SD and they will automatically save there withough me having to manually move them. Thank-you!!

Dave-in-Decatur

Feb 4, 2012
Visit site
I recently got the galaxy s4 and I am having problems with the storage of the pictures in my gallery. I want ALL of my pictures to save on my SD card, this was possible with other android phones where there was no such thing as external memory, in fact the phones camera wouldnt even function without an SD. I was able to change the settings on the camera to where pictures I take with the camera will save on my SD card, the problem comes when I take a screenshot, or save a picture from an APP such as facebook messenger or ifunny. Thesse automatically create a new album by the name of the app and save on the external memory. I know you can move pictures afterwards and move them to external memory.... but I want a way in which I can set the default location as mt SD and they will automatically save there withough me having to manually move them. Thank-you!!

I'm a little confused here. Aren't "external memory" and "SD card" the same thing? When I take a screenshot, I find that the camera saves it to the folder /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Screenshots. This is the phone's internal storage, whose top-level folder is /storage/emulated/0. I agree it would be better to get these saved automatically to the SD card, but I don't think there's a way to do this. The phone expects you to "manage" images through Gallery, and it creates these albums and folders for Gallery to deal with. You have to manually move them elsewhere (with a file-management app) if you want something that feels better to you.

Jan 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm a little confused here. Aren't "external memory" and "SD card" the same thing? When I take a screenshot, I find that the camera saves it to the folder /storage/emulated/0/Pictures/Screenshots. This is the phone's internal storage, whose top-level folder is /storage/emulated/0. I agree it would be better to get these saved automatically to the SD card, but I don't think there's a way to do this. The phone expects you to "manage" images through Gallery, and it creates these albums and folders for Gallery to deal with. You have to manually move them elsewhere (with a file-management app) if you want something that feels better to you.

Yes thats what I meant SD card and external memory are the same thing sorry. And I guess if there is no way I can just continue to manually move poctures to the SD card. It just bother me that since the ones taken with "camera" save to the SD card...and the ones that arenr takwn with the camera, save on the device...therefore when I click on "all" in my galery.... they end up being out of order because the ones saved on the device arw placed at the bottom and I have ro scroll all the way to the bottom.