The right way to back up phone before factory reset

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
All please explain to me the correct and preferred method to back up my Unrooted phone before I factory data reset. I do have a 32 gig SD card as well. I want to do this right with no regrets. Thanks in advance.

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
When I did a factory reset on my GS4 I went to Settings, Accounts, you'll see this 👇
1389404939963.jpg
Since I have a Samsung account I choose cloud and you can back up there. Then go back and choose Backup and reset.

You can back up there too and from there also do the factory reset.

Don't forget to save all documents, videos and pictures into the SD card.

Make sure you get the SD card out of the phone before the factory reset.

Sent From Inside The TARDIS in a Galaxy S4 Away!

THEPRFCT10

Jul 1, 2011
Visit site
Ok thanks. Now, what if I don't have a Samsung account? Also, I have moved as many apps to the SD card. Is there anything special to do since they are not loaded in the phone memory instead?

STARGATE

Ambassador
Oct 8, 2012
Visit site
With the Samsung account you won't loose stuff from Samsung apps like notes from S-Note.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Mobile Nations mobile app

JudH

Nov 22, 2012
Visit site
Many apps have their own backup function to backup/restore their settings to the SD card. I'd do that in addition to the main backup in case you lose the app data.

clintw22

Sep 2, 2011
Visit site
I personally used my back up pro and sms backup for texts. Works great for me. :)

Sent from my SCH-R970 using AC Forums mobile app

Lucy Davies

Mar 14, 2014
Visit site
I wanna no how to back up everything on my phone before updates. I've been lucky enough not to loose anything so far but before updating to lollipop I wanna back up everything. How do I do this?

Posted via Android Central App

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I used MYBACKUP to backup phone to SD Card. Be sure the data and apps are backed up in EXTSDCARD. Then copy the contents af the SD card to my computer hard drive!

After you RESET phone most of your stuff will be restored automatically. Give it a little time! Then install MYBACKUP from the Play Store and retrieve the backup from the SD Card. This has saved me a lot of time when something went wrong and I had to do a full reset!

ladygolfer39042

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
I tried going to settings, Samsung account and attempted to sync. It keeps giving me a sync error. I've been having lots of problems since the last update and am not sure how much of it is the phone and how much is the actual update. I have a Samsung S5
:confused:

roni sheth

Jul 27, 2016
Visit site
show me how all the datas from android phone can be back up in the PC before formatting the cell.
(including data in all apps)
Thanks a lot...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non