Galaxy S4: My camera won't turn vertically!

LNWCox

Mar 26, 2015
Visit site
Re: Galaxy Note II: My camera won't turn vertically!

I have the exact same problem, camera will only open in landscape, and this started all of a sudden. It used to orient to the direction I was holding my phone/camera, now it's stuck in landscape mode. I have tried everything suggested: cleared cache, cleared data, removed battery, restarted phone, and I also uninstalled the 3rd party keyboard I was using (read that suggestion somewhere) and VOILA! this seemed to work. So I reinstalled a different third party keyboard (I hate Samsung keyboard) and this seemed to be OK. Then a day later, it started all over again. I'm about to switch to an Iphone because I'm so frustrated!!! Any other ideas?

Walter Potes

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
Did your phone just go through a MASSIVE UPDATE?

Mine DID & after the update, now my camera is sideways too . . . & I agree . . . NOTHING I am doing is changing it back.

I'm wondering if this is an update glitch.

I also HATE the Samsung keyboard & have a 3rd party . . . I sure do PRAY that is NOT the case :'(.

But as this seems to be an update thing at this point :confused: . . . PLEASE, someone help us to fix it, OK?

Thanks so much

Marcus Tylutki

Apr 2, 2015
Visit site
I have a Note 3, and what worked for me is to go into Settings, then search for Auto rotate screen checkbox. Turn that on (not sure why mine was off), and you should be good to go.

sarhar77

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
I love these forums. I usually find my answer. My samsung galaxy note 3 camera was stuck sideways. I cleared the cache and powered my phone down and back up and then it was back to normal.
Thanks android users. I hope this also helps someone. ☺👍

Posted via the Android Central App

brainiacism

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
My LG L5ii is having the same problem, the camera is rotating on wrong orientation. When it's supposed to be potrait it kept being landscape and vice versa. I had deleted caches and rebooted as suggested here, but nothing changed. So i did factory reset and it worked :':)':)':)'(

Sep 14, 2015
Visit site
Yesterday it happen to my Samsung s4 mini. My guy started to complain the orientation of the video where wrong when I posted in the chat. I did what you said; I removed the battery and wait for a few minutes placed again and it is all correct now.

Sep 15, 2015
Visit site
I had the same problem with my S4. The solution of the battery worked. I took off the battery, wait for a cool down, put the battery again, start and all now is auto-rotating, including the camera. Thanks.

Janet300547

Jul 6, 2016
Visit site
This happened with my Note 3 and the only way I could fix it was to take out the battery, wait for the phone to cool down (it always seems to be very warm) then I reinserted the battery and turned it back on. Now the pictures are the way they should be and the camera is no longer stuck on landscape. I hope this works for you too.

Yay thank you so much this worked for me most grateful
Janet

Last edited by a moderator:

Onlyhereforhelp

Apr 12, 2018
Visit site
I cleaned the cache of the camera by going to setting - application manager - swipe over to all apps - camera - clean cache and rebooted the phone and it was fine. I had this problem on Samsung galaxy s5

Im in settings but i can't find applications, not even when i search, im on the same phone as you too...

Videotron Est

May 11, 2022
Visit site
I fixed mine by calibrating my phone. Go your phone settings, then display, then G-Sensor Calibration. I calibrated my phone then it was fixed. 😁😁😁😁

There is some ways to recalibrate your Gyro! Go to the phone app, and compose: *#0*# then chose "SENSOR" and then select "GYRO SELF TEST" under "Gyroscope Sensor" data. Do both of them.

You can do it using a 3rd party app on the Play Store as well called: "Accelerometer Calibration Free"

You'll thank me later. Thank you for all your great tips and tricks people. Really helped me out! <3

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez