Texting Nightmare Galaxy S4 Verizon

brendonabel

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
Often while in the middle of texting someone, if I receive a text, they keystrokes stop being input into the text field. the phone essentially freezes for 10-15 seconds and then when it kicks back in, the keyboard drops away and i can't get it to open up when I click into the text field. I have to close and reopen the stock texting app. I like the layout and everything of the stock app so I don't want to use a different one. I need intricate advice here not close open apps or clear your RAM. I'm a very tech-savvy person and have tried quite a bit. If it ultimately comes down to it I may have to switch to Chomp or whatever if people have switched with great results. Also I have 16,000 text threads with people and 500 text threads with people and have the same problems with both.

Thanks

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
Wow. You have a lot of text messages. I recommend switching to Textra, it can handle a lot of texts. If that doesn't work then use SMS Backup And Restore, and then delete the text messages from your phone. That will take the load off of the messaging application and you will still have your earlier texts to refer back to.

brendonabel

Dec 22, 2011
Visit site
i tried to delete a whole group chat with idk how many texts it it froze my phone 3 different times and i had to pull the battery. that was months ago so trying now probably wouldnt work haha

neonworm

Apr 10, 2013
Visit site
i tried to delete a whole group chat with idk how many texts it it froze my phone 3 different times and i had to pull the battery. that was months ago so trying now probably wouldnt work haha

You can have SMS Backup and Restore delete the text messages for you.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87