Galaxy S4: 4.4.2 post upgrade issues

shraim1980

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site
After upgrading my s4 to 4.4.2 the device keeps hanging and i have to restart the device each time it hangs. I tried the factory reset but the problem happened again. Pleaae help!!!

Posted via Android Central App

Last edited by a moderator:

Kelly Burby

Banned
Nov 26, 2013
Visit site
Re: 4.4.2 post upgrade issues

Well, It looks like KitKat is filled with the bugs, there are many user's complaining new issues with the recent KitKat update some users say that they want to postpone the update I'd be better on with the JellyBean. And the user who have updated to the KitKat are now saying that they are facing a new issue which was working fine !!:-$

ali ahmad 79

Apr 4, 2014
Visit site

I have the exact same problem. i cant use my phone.

yesterday i got lucky for some reason my phone got loaded upto the lock up screen and i quickly powered it off and then when i turned it back on my phone was working but this morning same thing happened but even if i turn my phone off it still hangs.

cant understand why they release a bugged OS. Is there anyway to get back to an older OS version???

Sparkshaven

Apr 6, 2014
Visit site

Looking to recover anything I possibly can onto a phone that had that upgrade done to it. was told that a factory reset. wouldn't affect what was on the SIM card. but ALL contacts, pictures, calander is gone off the phone.

Anyone got any solutions?

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Do you have GPS turned off? This seemed to be a problem with a lot of phones....not mine, I had to do a factory reset before upgrading. If its on, try turning it off for a few days and see what happens.

Posted via Android Central App

Nicolas Bactora

Jan 19, 2013
Visit site
Hello, I also upgrade to kitkat 4.4.2 some weeks back. and I am facing some bugs with the wifi and data connections being switched off by itself.:mad:
I am not able to back up my phone contacts and apps as usual, because it says no SD card or unable to backup reset sd.:'(

Has someone been able to fix these bugs, please do let me know.
Thanks