Galaxy S4 I9500 Screen flickering problem

CLivesCrazyLarge

Jul 8, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

I had done a basic glass repair on the i337 t-mobile Galaxy S4. After cleaning off the glue with some alcohol gently and re-assembling the board back on etc, to make sure the screen was good to go after the repair. When this was all done and it was time to turn it on, it began to flicker and change colors. I tried the auto brightness and unchecked auto tone in settings>display it seemed to have worked for a short period then went back to the same shenanigans. (yes i just said Shenanigans ) I had left it for a little while while doing some research and then came back to it to find it now won't even turn on. When I start the phone up only the LED will light up for a short period of time after the phone vibrates and then will give me one short vibration without the screen starting up and it will repetitively do this without ever turning on.

If anyone has experienced this it would be a great help to hear your thoughts.

Ammarasyad

Apr 27, 2015
Visit site
Hey all,

I had done a basic glass repair on the i337 t-mobile Galaxy S4. After cleaning off the glue with some alcohol gently and re-assembling the board back on etc, to make sure the screen was good to go after the repair. When this was all done and it was time to turn it on, it began to flicker and change colors. I tried the auto brightness and unchecked auto tone in settings>display it seemed to have worked for a short period then went back to the same shenanigans. (yes i just said Shenanigans ) I had left it for a little while while doing some research and then came back to it to find it now won't even turn on. When I start the phone up only the LED will light up for a short period of time after the phone vibrates and then will give me one short vibration without the screen starting up and it will repetitively do this without ever turning on.

If anyone has experienced this it would be a great help to hear your thoughts.

Lollipop? If lollipop, go to Settings > More > Developer Options > Simulated Color Space > set it to Disabled. And by the flickering, i don't know much about it. I only know by disabling Show Screen Updates at Dev options. EDIT : About the phone won't turn on, might be a screen problem.

Posted via the Android Central App from my Samsung Galaxy S4 I9500

PrecursorII

Oct 17, 2015
Visit site
MY PHONE (S4) STILL FLICKERS
My version is 5.0.1 this only started happening 1.5 months after the update. I tried the air view and power save solutions, the developer options (though i didnt actaully find that in my settings) and I dont know or have "lollipop" or "juice defender"
My phone slightly flickers when the brightness setting is low (15%) but if i have it high than put it low the screen goes bonkers and flashs green or pink until i turn the screen off and adjust the brightness again....help

aviteks

Dec 9, 2015
Visit site
Follow maurits2000 instructions above, but "you have to unlock developer options to see it: Head into the Settings menu. Samsung's done things a little differently and changed the way the settings menu looks, so you'll need to hit the "More" tab. Look for "About device" at the bottom. Tap it. Hop on down to the build number, and tap it seven times. One. Two. Three. Four. Five. Six. You'll get a little prompt saying you're about to unlock the developer settings. Hit that button one final time -- seven! -- and they're unlocked."

Thanks maurits2000...worked for me!
Credit for the unlocking goes to Daniel P on another site.

kevykev78

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I solved it on my phone (S4 with 4.4.3) after searching on internet. with me it was solved very easily:
Settings - Developer Options - check "Disable Hardware Overlays"

When I read about it I suddenly realized I had been messing with the settings because of some advice on a a board "how to optimize your phone". Great proof never to mess around if you don't really know what you 're doing :)

kevykev78

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
If you are rooted and kit kat you have the ability to screen record. I would try and disable juice defender and consider uninstalling just to see if may be something to do with it. I also would consider wiping cache and davlik cache in recovery. May not resolve but at least give you something else to try.

kevykev78

Jan 8, 2016
Visit site
have a blue flicker

My Samsung Tablet E while using Youtube kept flicking blue every few seconds or so give or take, and I saw some comments some where that said to try turning all the way off, and then back on again to see if it would stop, and it actually did, atleast for now, since I just bought it a few weeks ago, so do you think I should just return it, and exchange it for a brand new one? Or just keep the one I have?

egymaro

Jan 20, 2016
Visit site
Unfortunately this issue happening with my i9500, the screen flickers when dimming on all roms i used.. Official touchwiz non rooted and rooted, cyanogemod, miui.. And even in the recovery menu it happens, so it isn't a software issue, so I'm 90% sure it is a hardware error, and the last 10% i think its because of the kernel.

rgdjjo2421

Feb 28, 2016
Visit site
Hi,

I solved it on my phone (S4 with 4.4.3) after searching on internet. with me it was solved very easily:
Settings - Developer Options - check "Disable Hardware Overlays"

When I read about it I suddenly realized I had been messing with the settings because of some advice on a a board "how to optimize your phone". Great proof never to mess around if you don't really know what you 're doing :)

I've tried & I have the S6 but that didn't work what else Can I try

ishtiaqali

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
MY PHONE (S4) STILL FLICKERS
My version is 5.0.1 this only started happening 1.5 months after the update. I tried the air view and power save solutions, the developer options (though i didnt actaully find that in my settings) and I dont know or have "lollipop" or "juice defender"
My phone slightly flickers when the brightness setting is low (15%) but if i have it high than put it low the screen goes bonkers and flashs green or pink until i turn the screen off and adjust the brightness again....help

rlsanqui

Sep 4, 2016
Visit site
i have my galaxy s4 started flickering for two months. so i was searching in the internet with the same problem and how to fix it, i searched something about rebooting your phone so i tried it but it didn't help.it just lessen the flickering but still it wont stop. i hope someone could help me with this issues. thank you :)

Suoernova

Jan 5, 2018
Visit site
Hello Everyone,

My phone is Asus Zenfone 3 deluxe. My phone started to experience same screen flickering issue 1 month before and I tried the hard reset.Tried developer options (Hardware ovelays),reflashing the firmware,disabling adaptive brightness. Yesterday i found a solution. I may sound crazy.But it worked for me.Now my phone is working normal.

I switched off my phone and kept it in a ziplock bag and kept it in refrigerator's freezer for half hour.Actually i had read in many forums that this solved many issues in Iphone.So i just tried my luck. After half hour i took back the phone and switch it on.At first it booted and switched off by showing battery is 0%.Again i booted and this time it was ok.But I was disappointed at that time.Same screen flickering is there.I picked it up from freezer at 6:30 PM. At night 9PM i charged my mobile phone.Around 1PM night i noticed that screen flickering is not that much there. For my surprise today morning my phone is completely normal.My phone's brightness is now set to middle.Whatever my phone is behaving normal now.If you people are ready to experiment you can just do it.

Sorry if it don't workout.I explained it just to remind you that the output may take this much time. If anybody doing this just tell me your result.I hope atleast for one this will solve the issue..Regards.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress