Charging issues.

Modochi

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
Feeling just about ready to hurl my phone at the wall in frustration here, four weeks ago my adapter decide to give up on its job, IE, for some arsine reason it would either allow my phone to charge or more often it would stop working in the middle of the night leaving me with a dead phone, a really bad thing since it is working as my alarm clock. Local phone shop were about as useful as ever with their standard "we have no replacement chargers and don't repair older models, how about a new smartphone instead" sales pitch.

In desperation I plugged it into my Toshiba laptop and for 3 weeks it's worked perfectly, I put the laptop in slumber mode overnight and the phone was one hundred percent recharged in the morning, except for today, when the laptop enters slumber mode now the phone stops charging for some reason, I've been using the same USB port all along so I'm complete lost as what is causing this issue.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Have you checked if the USB port is still outputting power? Maybe it's the laptop and not the phone. Try charging something else in the same port (computers usually have the option, if available, to turn the always-powered ports on or off).

And you can find any USB charger mostly anywhere, you don't need to replace for an original one. Any USB charger from a trusted brand (heck, even iPhone chargers will do!) that has at least a 1A output rating should work, but I suggest you go for the 2A ones.

Modochi

Oct 25, 2013
Visit site
I checked it and found the computer had altered its setting to turn off the cell phones battery when entering power save mode/slumbering.

I have no idea how it could alter that setting on it's own short of blaming it on the update it downloaded this morning.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Glad you got it sorted out. And yeah, for some reason updates sometimes change some settings back to their default values. In this case, I guess the value was OFF.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa