S4 not receiving/making any calls?

Reddot44

Oct 31, 2014
Visit site
It started about a week ago and I tried google but nothing they had seemed to fix it. Basically whenever I call someone it never gets a dial tone and when they pick up, it's just silent on both ends. Same goes for making calls, I receive it but we both hear nothing. I did notice that I go from 4gLTE to just 4g when trying to make a call but it says I have full bars. I tried caling on WiFi too, same result. My data works fine for apps and the internet and I can text just fine but calling just seemed to bug out on itself.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! What carrier do you use? My first step would be to call them and see if there's a problem with the network or with your SIM.

rcdncn

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I have a similar problem with 2 handsets recently. Exactly as the OP stated, I can dial out, but cannot hear it ring, and the receiver cannot hear me or speak. This also happens for inbound, I'll answer the call but cannot hear or be heard by the caller. A reboot fixes the problem (temporarily).

Carrier: Rogers
Running stock 4.4.2

Calling the carrier, they suggest a full system reset which I have not had a chance to do.

Posted via Android Central App

rcdncn

Apr 30, 2014
Visit site
I should have taken a moment to read through the forum. There are several threads suggesting to turn off 'Google Now' OK Google voice detectiom

Google Settings app > Search and Now > Voice > "OK Google" Detection

Un-check "from any screen"

I didn't think this would help me, since I distinctly remember disabling this setting earlier, but when I looked, it was back on. I'll give it a shot and report back.

Posted via Android Central App

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress