Why is my Galaxy S4 battery draining so quickly?

dwyert

Dec 15, 2014
Visit site
Galaxy S4 Battery Drain

I have noticed that in the past two days my phone hasn't been holding much of a charge. I have a Galaxy S4 4.4.2

I do not play games on it, watch movies, videos, etc. I use it for light to moderate text messaging, the occasional scroll down face book, e-mail, etc. I have auto-sync turned off on linked accounts such as google and face book, I do not use gps, and have most of the "nifty" features that the phone has, turned off.

I use power save mode, often keep low to mid light screen settings, wi-fi on at home.

Oftentimes, it'd be the second day before I would charge it, and it wasn't out of need as often there would be 20-30% left when I did decide to re-charge it. I have not downloaded any new apps. As I spend more time home now as a distance education student, I use my phone less and less than I had previously in the past year or so.

All in all. I have no idea why this is happening. It isn't an old phone. A little over a year. I looked at the battery manager on the phone and the main drain on the battery was the android iSO. In approx. an hour it drained 20%, this is a staggering difference than the capacities that it very recently had.

I do not have a rooted phone and I don't feel comfortable doing as much to it, in fear of messing it up or bricking my phone (if that is even possible with these). I did a little research online about the same issue, but I believe that while it might be a blanket issue of "battery drain" every phone is different because of the user. I also read some refer to SD problems and how getting a new one remedied their problems, however I do not use an SD card in mine and never have.

Any general thoughts?
I am in the process of charging now, and will then download a battery monitoring app to see if there is anything I am not immediately seeing. I hope this can be remedied and isn't going to further effect my phone.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Battery Drain

Welcome to Android Central! A simple reboot can sometimes clear out an issue like that, so give it a try.

It would help to see the battery stats. Charge up to 100%, then let it drain to 20-30% with normal usage, without charging in between. Then show us:

1. The main Settings>Battery screen.
2. The fullscreen battery graph screen (which shows Awake time and Cell Signal Strength).
3. The Screen category (to see total Screen On time).
4. The Cell Standby category, if present (to see Time Without Signal).

http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...ide-how-post-screenshots-android-central.html

gamebird

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Re: Galaxy S4 Battery Drain

My substantially reduced battery life came after a recent system update. There are complaints about it all over the web.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MarcosVo