I have to triple tap to go back to the forum

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Hoping someone there can help me with a weird problem. Here on Android Central, when I read a post I can not go back to the main Forum. I have to triple tap to go back! A double tap does not work nor a single tap! I am using the latest FIREFOX and do not have this problem anywhere else on the internet! I tried switching to Chrome with the same results!

Any suggestion would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Extraclass

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I assume you're using Firefox and Chrome on your phone, not your laptop/desktop. Are you accessing AC as the full desktop site, or the mobile site? Have you considered using the Android Central app, or the Tapatalk-based Android Central Forums app?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What do you mean by triple-tapping, if you're on a PC? If you read a post, what happens if you click on the browser's Back button? Are you saying you have to click on the Back button 3 times in order to go one step back?

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
If I read a post on Android Central and want to go back to the main forum I used to be able to single tap the back arrow and return to the forum. Sometime I have to tap the back arrow three times in quick succession to get it to go back! If I tap once it is like it just reloads the same page. The same thing if I tap twice, double tap. In desperation I tried tapping three times on the back arrow button and it will return to the forum. I do not have this problem anywhere other than Android central and Microsoft Central! It does this most of the time but not all of the time! I do not have a clue!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What happens if you right click on the Back arrow? Do you see the most recent page being the previous forum, or is it the post you're in, repeated a couple of times?

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I just tried the right tap and found 6 lines of the same link to read this thread! That is why I have to click so many times because I just go back one line of the history!

New question! Why is there 6 lines of history there to read one thread? Maybe I should unsubscribe and then re subscribe to Android Central! Open for ideas!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That shouldn't be happening. I see that happen sometimes with annoying sites that try to "trap" you in their site. But AC doesn't do that intentionally.

Try clearing all cookies associated with AC (or just clear all cookies in the browser).

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I tried opening Android central after deleting all the android related cookies and it worked like it was supposed to. When I logged on it started the triple android central history thing again. So I deleted all cookies and re logged on to Android Central and got the multiple history things again! This only happens on AC.
I must have deleted 150 cookies! I am going to be looking for passwords for a month! I am going to try removing my account and registering under a new name and account. I will let you know how that works out!

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
I removed my account completely and logged on with a new account to no avail! I registered a new name account with same results! Then I REFRESHED FIREFOX and this resets all settings with no luck!

I decided to give CHROME another try and so far it is working perfectly! I guess I am Going to be using Chrome to visit Android Central now!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez