News I missed these Pixel features the most after switching to Samsung

bradavon

Aug 3, 2017
Visit site
The Galaxy S4 had the ability to say Stop to an alarm.

It was part of a larger intelligence set of features that mostly sucked and Samsung killed them on the S5. Being able to speak to the alarm was one of the good ones to go sadly.

Lorenzo Mario

Mar 23, 2024
Visit site
I still have my P6 & operation is great! Updates feature drops & security patches has kept this beast nice & right🤗 I will operate this P6 one more year before purchasing another pixel. But yes software is why I purchased my pixel buds pro, pixelbook go Chromebook & pixel 6 phone.

SyCoREAPER

Nov 12, 2013
Visit site
Only thing I miss is call screening. I did miss the unlockable bootloader but I'm enjoying my phone more now that I'm not constantly flashing ROMs if I'm being honest.

Otherwise the alarm thing can be done with Bixby. The always spying, i mean music now playing, can be added with Shizuku.

Luscombag

Jul 26, 2015
Visit site
I'm still rocking my P6 and it's going well, but not perfect. I have had some issues with Bluetooth and a growing number of no signal issues (which are typically resolved by toggling on and off Airplane mode).

I try to get 3 years out of my phones, so I'm looking to replace my P6 this year. I will probably miss some of the things mentioned, but I've been extremely turned off by Pixel's upcoming phone finding feature where it sends a Bluetooth ping even when off. While this would definitely have been a feature my daughter could have used in her teenage years, its encroaching on major privacy concerns.

deltatux

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
Still rocking my P6 and it's going strong. However, I'm due for an upgrade next year. It will likely be down to the Galaxy S25+ or Google Pixel 10 Pro (or whatever they decide to call their 2025 flagship) depending who has the spec I'm looking for. One thing that I hope Google launches is the rumoured desktop mode. DeX is one of the features that's making me look at Samsung.

lutin

Dec 7, 2010
Visit site
I think the At A Glance widget on the home screen and lock screen is brilliant.

Seeing a notification for upcoming tasks is fantastic (e.g "Take out the bins in 13 mins"). It's really helpful to see the task before it's due.