Severe Battery drain with everything disabled

Connort226

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
HI everyone, I have had sever battery drain lately but i'm not sure if its a rogue app or my phone that is the problem. But not sure if factory resetting it will be the answer. Sorry for teh massive clump of info i'm just a little worried.

2 days ago i realized my phone was at around 17% after charging it 3 hours earlier to around 75%.
The day after I charged my phone to 100% and with in 2ish hours my phone died

IMG-1.jpg

as you can see its says I have had WiFi on the whole time but if you look at the notification bar WiFi is not on at all

I had a similar problem later in the day when i tried charging it again but this time, used Gsam app to monitor it and had similar results

IMG-12.jpgIMG-20150715-WA0002.jpgIMG-20150715-WA0003.jpg

This has the same problem but I don't see what could be casing the Issue. However Once it lost battery I gave up and left the phone only to find this morning it doesn't even charge anymore. So I went out to the store this morning to buy a new Samsung official battery. but unfortunately have had similar results. This means it must be an app or the phone.

This is of the new battery PS I had the screen on dimmest setting, OK google and location turned off, and data off. Wifi was only on for a moment. and was on power saving mode
You may see the small drop at the end of the blue graph. I went for a run for about 40ish mins and came back and it had the same percentage as when i left but after 5 secs of turning it on it lost a few percent, this seems to happen often as i have been monitoring every now and then.

Screenshot_2015-07-16-18-55-37.jpgScreenshot_2015-07-16-18-57-09.jpg

I tried updating all apps that's why google play usage is so high. Sorry for the info overload possibly someone knows a solution

Thanks Connort226

Last edited:

Connort226

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Update: I have tried putting the phone in safe mode to stop the drain but to no avail, If i don't find a solution soon i shall factory reset the phone

Last edited:

Connort226

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
I have performed a factory reset and cahrged the phone to 100% and turned the phone off.
I left it for almost 3 hours and it has lost 42% whilst off and is still slightly warm I don't know what the problem is.

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Try removing the memory card, then change the battery. Do a search in this forum for "battery" and you will find that others have had this problem and a few suggestion about how to resolve the problem! Let us know what you find!

Connort226

Mar 9, 2014
Visit site
Thanks for the reply that was one of the things i first tried I have had my memory card and sim card out on all of my tests. I have searched the forums but unfortunately cannot find an answer

Sonny Shah

Jul 30, 2015
Visit site
I am going through exactly the same situation as you. I currently am having Samsung support check out your post and figure out some sort of an answer for us. I'll keep you posted!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Anon247