Can we use a stylus for Samsung S4?

Nazeri Omar 42

Aug 31, 2016
Visit site
I tried to used a stylus taken from a Samsung Galaxy Note 3. It's the one with the rubber tip end. And easily worned out.
So, I took another from the same model but different stylus. The one that has a tiny hard and pointy nipple.
The first one was able to use, but not the latter.
My exact question is, how do the setting up for the screen to detect.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Sorry but no stylus from the Note 3 would be usable on the S4. The Note's S-Pen uses Wacom technology IN THE PHONE to detect and use the pen, so phones without this hardware (like the S4) will not even recognize input from the S-Pen.

The only kind of stylus you'd be able to use on the S4 is either a Bluetooth-connected one (with the appropriate app for it) or a capacitive stylus (usually rubbery or metal-mesh, big tips). You can find 'active' stylii out there that are battery-powered but those only increase the conductivity on the capacitive tip, so they're not that much better than a 'normal' capacitive stylus, and definitely not as good or accurate as an S-Pen.

If you took a stylus with a rubber tip, that's NOT the S-Pen that ships with the Note 3. The one with a hard, tiny one is, and that's the one you can't use on anything other than the Note line (and some Surfaces that use the same Wacom tech).

extraclass

Feb 13, 2011
Visit site
Galaxy phones are set up for use with a finger tip. Any stylus will have to be about the size of a pencil eraser or larger. Something small and pointed will not be reliably detected!