Galaxy S5: Anyone else waiting on the lifeproof case?

Garz

Feb 18, 2011
Visit site
Just called Lifeproof and they had no clue as to when a case was going to be released. Poor customer service, IMHO. You can't tell me a big company like that can't even give any approx. time frame for release. I wasn't asking for an exact date. I even asked if it was a month or longer and the answer was no idea :(
Going with another company for now, instead of waiting....Yeah probably an Otterbox

Otterbox owns Lifeproof :p

MBM7881

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I have an Otterbox defender case on my S5 and I love it but as soon as the LP for the S5 comes out , I'll be buying it. I wonder if Otterbox will release a Preserver series for the S5 like they did for the S4.

Sent from my SM-P600 using AC Forums mobile app

Last edited:

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Just called Lifeproof and they had no clue as to when a case was going to be released. Poor customer service, IMHO. You can't tell me a big company like that can't even give any approx. time frame for release. I wasn't asking for an exact date. I even asked if it was a month or longer and the answer was no idea :(
Going with another company for now, instead of waiting....Yeah probably an Otterbox

Lifeproof has to put a lot of time and development into these cases before releasing them to the public. As they get closer to a release day they usually give you a rough idea but no specific date. They did this with the iPad Air case. Their cases are worth the wait IMO. I have one on my iPad Air and have had them protect my previous iPhones.

itsnowornever#AC

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
I know this is an old thread--- but I had Otterbox's waterproof cover on my iPhone 5, absolutely LOVED it and hated the LP one so I returned it. Screwing in the port covers made me nervous! I have acrylic nails, so I was always worried I wouldn't screw it in right. I'm excited to see the Otterbox version for the samsung. It probably wont be my daily cover depending on how big it is, but we are going on a cruise to include swimming with dolphins, sea lions and sting rays...so you bet your hiney that case will be used!

nate1734

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I've never owned one but I've always wanted one. Have you had a lifeproof case? For which device? Did you like it? Are you awing for this case or something else?

I'm stuck with an iphone 4 until May 26 when my upgrade comes and im getting a Gs 5 immediately. Really excited about switching over to Android. Sick of Apple's bull****. and i'm also patientally waiting for the release of the LP for the gs 5. Can't Wait!

sparker04

May 21, 2014
Visit site
I had a lifeproof for my iPhone 4S. My friend had one and it actually did shatter her phone when she dropped it. I've never had such problems. It was cool when I took my phone to the river with the case on. Took under water pictures and was able to float with my phone and listen to music (though the sound is significantly quieter because of the casing). Was it worth 90 bucks? Probably not. But still have cool pics because of it!

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Just ordered the fre for the s5 yesterday. Paid for overnight delivery then realized it was Thursday afternoon, so probably no joy till Monday,

john.swartz.atc

Jun 1, 2014
Visit site
I bought the sview cover and have been nothing but unhappy with it. Dropped from under 2 feet (little one got ahold of it) The case popped apart and dinged the bottom. Trying to return it to best buy as it isnt even two weeks old. Needless to say I want to return the case for the LP one. Does anyone else have the sview case? I havetrouble with mine. the case doesnt close completely and it gets stuck betweenthe two screens. any solutions?

JOEY NEAT

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I received my Lifeproof case yesterday. By far the best that I have bought from them. Excellent design, this screen protector makes fingerprint reader work with no issue!

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
I received my Lifeproof case yesterday. By far the best that I have bought from them. Excellent design, this screen protector makes fingerprint reader work with no issue!

I have always picked up lifeproof cases. My question other than post pictures please, is does the built in screen protector fit snugly against the screen? I would hate to pull the Zagg Glass off and be disappointed in the screen protector. Thanks

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
I have always picked up lifeproof cases. My question other than post pictures please, is does the built in screen protector fit snugly against the screen? I would hate to pull the Zagg Glass off and be disappointed in the screen protector. Thanks

I would say that you have to remove your screen protector but this is purely speculation. Look at that Youtube video, it seems that there are openings around the home and power buttons that lay flat on the screen.

JOEY NEAT

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
I had a Zagg protector on, I forget the name but it was like a thin sheet of glass. I removed it. The Lifeproof screen protector is snug. Best fit I've had from any waterproof case on any phone. I'll get some photos up tomorrow, no time today.

tsparks1

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I've had my Lifeproof Fre for several days now and it is virtually unusable due to the caller hearing an echo of themselves. It's so bad I can't carry on a conversation. The other party can't hear me for hearing their own voice echo,

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
I've had my Lifeproof Fre for several days now and it is virtually unusable due to the caller hearing an echo of themselves. It's so bad I can't carry on a conversation. The other party can't hear me for hearing their own voice echo,

I had this problem when the Fre came out for the iPhone 5/5s and the Galaxy s4. It took Lifeproof about 10 replacements before I finally got one that worked. For the iPhone 5s Nuud it worked right away. It seems like it's either a hit or miss with them. I'm not sure I am ready to pay $80 for a case that may or may not work.

felloffthetruck

Trusted Member
Mar 31, 2013
Visit site

OMG, the iPhone 5 Lifeproof case reborn. :p Glad I held off for a while.

jaleesag88, I believe I remember you form the iPhone 5 Lifeproof days? Had 1 million replacements myself. :D

jaleesag88

Jul 19, 2012
Visit site
OMG, the iPhone 5 Lifeproof case reborn. :p Glad I held off for a while.

jaleesag88, I believe I remember you form the iPhone 5 Lifeproof days? Had 1 million replacements myself. :D

Haha yes! I swear they did it on purpose! They just liked to hear me call every week to complain about the same darn issue! I have to say though, with the iPhone 5s cases, I had no problems at all. I'm not so sure I want one for the s5 though. I don't need to go through all that again. If I feel that I really need a waterproof case, I'll probably wait for the Atlas if they make one. I haven't really looked into any cases yet for it though. Thanks Lifeproof for ruining that for me lol.

bogdaryl

Apr 1, 2012
Visit site
Well I'll be heading to Best Buy this weekend to pick up the LifeProof for my S5. I traded a friend of mine today Element Recon CF for an Otterbox Symmetry and $50 So if the LP doesn't work I gotta order me another Recon CF.I really hope the LP works lol.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana