Why is my Samsung Galaxy mini Accuweather widget loading up itself?

solquiff

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Samsun galaxy mini: Accuweather widget loaded up itself

Hi

Two issues here, today I picked up my phone and after typing in my password the default browser was loaded up with the accuweather site. i never use the default browser (i use chrome) and when I closed it the acc weather widget had been loaded up..with a pic of a cloud, time date and temperature. I have never moved the widget onto the desktop..in fact today was the first time I had even gone into the widget section as I didnt know where this ha come from.

How could this have happened? It happened during a time in which I was not using the phone. Was it just random?

Some other times random apps have been opened but I just assumed I must have done it by accident when closing the protective cover... However for me to to have done what happened today, I would have had to go into the widget section, drag it to the desktop....then go to the internet browser and type in the accuweather site address. Something I obviously didnt do.

Has this happened to anyone else. thanks in advance

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Re: Samsun galaxy mini: Accuweather widget loaded up itself

I'm suspecting that there was someone else involved here, either accidentally or just to confuse you. Just drag the widget to the trash.

I'd remove the cover for a few days, and never let the phone out of my sight, and see if it still happens. If it does it's under warranty, so bring it in.

(I've never seen it happen on any computer, phone or otherwise, unless there's a virus, Trojan or other malware in it, in the 42 years I've been in the business. Computers don't just do random things unless some code is doing them or some hardware is intermittently breaking down. [Granted, some bugs are virtually impossible to track down - it once took us 6 months to find the cause of a database bug - but computers don't run code unless they're told to by other code.])

solquiff

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

Hi

Thanks for the response. This is quite worrying. My phone was sitting beside me the whole time. Why would someone do it to confuse me? It also has quite a difficult password in order to access it.

I think the browser issue I have seen before, ive read online other people who when they click it, it brings up the accuweather homepage. I think even on the first day when I got the phone, the homepage was set to accuweather (not sure why).

One last comment, do these phones come with the acuweather widget automatically loaded up on one of the screens? I know it is in the widget section, but I seem to recall that my girlfriends phone had it open on the first day whereas mine wasnt?

solquiff

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site

any ideas? noone had access to my phone and it was locked. could this just be a bug. it is weird that both the widget appeared and also the default browser was open at the accuweatehr page. In actual fact, it was actually open at one of those horoscpe pages (which is an ad on the accuweather page(

ive also ran an avast virus scan and it hasnt found anything.

Last edited: