Why do images get “Corrupted"

Blondie0862

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
I really love my Samsung Galaxy S5 MIni but I've been having Problems with Camera Photos becoming Corrupted I don't know what the problem is or how to correct it, I just know that it's very aggravating when it happens to good pictures. I would like yo know what's causing this problem and get it resolved! The photos shown here are not my actual pics but they do show the exact same problem I'm having with my Phone's pics.

Attachments

• ryq69.jpg
    ryq69.jpg
    24.1 KB · Views: 9
  • kM8qB.jpg
    kM8qB.jpg
    11.7 KB · Views: 9

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome back! Are these photos saving to a microSD card or to Internal Storage? If the former, the card might be corrupt. Try a different card.

Blondie0862

Mar 15, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for your quick reply my photos are saved to a 32GB microSDHC UHS microSD Class10 Memory Card (as Shown) I worried the problem was with my Phone since I've had this same issue shortly after getting it! What causes the Cards to get corrupted and would it help if the card is reformatted before using it.

Attachments

• s-l140.jpg
    s-l140.jpg
    5.2 KB · Views: 9

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Images usually get corrupted due to poor quality SD cards. But they can also get corrupted if you have a good quality SD card that is getting old (since SD memory is not built to last forever).

The image you shared shows a no-name SD card. No-name cards are more likely to be extremely poor quality and/or counterfeit. To see if the card is counterfeit (i.e., a smaller capacity card that has been reprogrammed to report itself as a larger capacity card), run SD Insight. If it's a valid card, then Unmount the card from the phone (in Settings>Storage), remove it, and insert it into your computer and run chkdsk to look for bad sectors: http://forums.androidcentral.com/am...guide-using-chkdsk-fix-corrupted-sd-card.html

Tips to avoid getting a bad SD card:
1. Always stick with well-known brands, like Sandisk, Toshiba, Samsung, and Lexar, among others.
2. Always buy cards from reputable sellers. Stick with bricks-and-mortar stores that have good return policies. If buying online, go for well-known online retailers like Amazon or Costco.com. Avoid random sellers on eBay.