Any way to increase internal storage without root?

KingDWing

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a 32 GB microsd, and 16 GB of internal.
Just through applications and the like, I have used up most of the internal. I have noticed that most of the storage options for the larger apps claim to transfer the data to the SD, yet only move about half or less.

Is there anyway to force it to move all of the app without rooting? I have heard of the msl pin working for something like this, but I haven't found anything to back it up.

Any help is appreciated, thanks.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Is there anyway to force it to move all of the app
No, whether you're rooted or not some parts of an app can't run from the SD card.

I have heard of the msl pin working for something like this, but I haven't found anything to back it up.
So when you have a flat tire you use premium gas to fix it, huh? One has nothing to do with the other. The subsidy lock (MSL) is on the SIM card, it has nothing to do with the apps on the phone or with the SD card.

KingDWing

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
That's what I thought about the MSL, it's only related to the SIM cards.

How much can rooting help with the data storage issues?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
You can remove carrier bloat (all the S- stuff you won't ever need, all the Samsung apps you won't need), but that's probably about 1GB total. (Don't ever just uninstall an app that came with the phone, freeze it first - you can use Link2SD. Then, if not having that app available causes a problem you can just unfreeze it. [Reinstalling a system app may be a problem if you've uninstalled it, then you find that you really needed it.])

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress