How to root G900FXXU1BOE5

phil_85

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm new to the forum but I have a question before I root my Samsung galaxy s5, the firmware versions on chainfire's website are a different firmware is there any other way to root my phone with this firmware version G900FXXU1BOE5 or does it not matter about the firmware version, the mobile is a UK galaxy s5.
Thanks phil

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Hi I'm new to the forum but I have a question before I root my Samsung galaxy s5, the firmware versions on chainfire's website are a different firmware is there any other way to root my phone with this firmware version G900FXXU1BOE5 or does it not matter about the firmware version, the mobile is a UK galaxy s5.
Thanks phil

This is the correct CF-Root kernel for the G900F model...

https://download.chainfire.eu/397/CF-Root/CF-Auto-Root/CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltexx-smg900f.zip

It covers Android 4.4.2 and 5.0

navyou14

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I need halp m8s!!!!! I wuz flashing my phone with "philz_touch_6.26.2-klte.tar.md5" in odin! My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F! Everything was perfect until entering recovery mode! I get black screen when I'm trying open recovery mode... Just getting Samsung Logo, some lines of text then gets black screen. One way to power up the phone is pulling off a battery and then pull it back in! My phone starts like normal then but how do I fix this?? I have unlocked developer options and USB Debugging is on! Reactivation lock is unmarked as it should but how the hell am I going to boot into recovery mode?????? Im running Android 5.0 Lollipop!!!!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I need halp m8s!!!!! I wuz flashing my phone with "philz_touch_6.26.2-klte.tar.md5" in odin! My phone is a Samsung Galaxy S5 SM-G900F! Everything was perfect until entering recovery mode! I get black screen when I'm trying open recovery mode... Just getting Samsung Logo, some lines of text then gets black screen. One way to power up the phone is pulling off a battery and then pull it back in! My phone starts like normal then but how do I fix this?? I have unlocked developer options and USB Debugging is on! Reactivation lock is unmarked as it should but how the hell am I going to boot into recovery mode?????? Im running Android 5.0 Lollipop!!!!

Unfortunately, PhilZ has abandoned his custom recovery project and I recommend that you flash the TWRP custom recovery for your model of phone, G900F, via Odin...

Download twrp-2.8.7.0-klte.img.tar

How to Install Custom Recovery TWRP onto a Samsung Galaxy S5

navyou14

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I did that but still when I try to enter recovery mode it just shows a black screen but when pulling out the battery and out again it stats like normal again! Maybe my carrier blocks me from rooting! My carrier is "3 SWEDEN"!
It might ve associated with verizon!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I did that but still when I try to enter recovery mode it just shows a black screen but when pulling out the battery and out again it stats like normal again! Maybe my carrier blocks me from rooting! My carrier is "3 SWEDEN"!
It might ve associated with verizon!

Your phone has to be rooted first, see post #2, before installing TWRP. There are no locked bootloaders on the G900F. Only the U.S. carrier branded, minority variants, insist on this on their phones!!!

navyou14

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
Your phone has to be rooted first, see post #2, before installing TWRP. There are no locked bootloaders on the G900F. Only the U.S. carrier branded, minority variants, insist on this on their phones!!!

Am I going to lose data if I root with CF autoroot??

Posted via the Android Central App

navyou14

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
I followed all the steps before rooting my phone with CF-Autoroot for Samsung Galaxy S5 - SMG900F lollipop 5.0! First I put in my phone into Download mode! Then I installed the correct drivers for my phones! After that I downloaded The right "Cf-autoroot" file for my phone! Last thing before root I downloaded Odin 3.9 to my computer!

Now the rooting! I ran Odin 3.9 as an administrator and the blue bar showed up with "ID COM:0"! My phone was connectwd than I flashed my file selecting the CF-Autoroot file in the AP section in Odin! Auto Reboot was checked, F. Reset time was also checked and Re-Partition was unchecked! My phone had 95% battery! But when the recovery screen came up I was stuck on the regular samsung logo that shows before opening reovery mode with some small red, blue & yellow text at the upper right corner! I pulled out the battery and a friend was pressing the power button + home button + volume down button, and then I pressed in my battery again and I went to download mode and flashed my phone with twrp! After I flashed it with twrp my phone started as normal unrooted!!!!!

Last edited:

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I followed all the steps before rooting my phone with CF-Autoroot for Samsung Galaxy S5 - SMG900F lollipop 5.0! First I put in my phone into Download mode! Then I installed the correct drivers for my phones! After that I downloaded The right "Cf-autoroot" file for my phone! Last thing before root I downloaded Odin 3.9 to my computer!

Now the rooting! I ran Odin 3.9 as an administrator and the blue bar showed up with "ID COM:0"! My phone was connectwd than I flashed my file selecting the CF-Autoroot file in the AP section in Odin! Auto Reboot was checked, F. Reset time was also checked and Re-Partition was unchecked! My phone had 95% battery! But when the recovery screen came up I was stuck on the regular samsung logo that shows before opening reovery mode with some small red, blue & yellow text at the upper right corner! I pulled out the battery and a friend was pressing the power button + home button + volume down button, and then I pressed in my battery again and I went to download mode and flashed my phone with twrp! After I flashed it with twrp my phone started as normal unrooted!!!!!

You appear to be flashing CF-Root and TWRP together. Try flashing CF-Root and rebooting and then install Root Checker from the Play Store to ensure that you are properly rooted before then installing TWRP custom recovery, using Odin.

navyou14

Jul 18, 2015
Visit site
MY phone was bringed back to stock recovery and I could enter the official samsung recovery after that, charged up my phone to 90% then flashed it with "CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedx-smg900f.tar.md5"! Hangs up at the logo before the autoroot's configuration, pulled out and in my battery while pressing down home+volume down+power, got to download mode and flashed it back to stock! the "CF-Auto-Root-klte-kltedx-smg900f.tar.md5" does not seem to support smg5 g900f android 5.0 lollipop! The autoroot file was for the lollipop 5.0 version but does not work!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmeliaRodriguez