Galaxy S5: NFC Tags?

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
Re: NFC Tags?

There are some that wont work but I don't feel like finding the link. It's on Google somewhere (search). NFC is cool and all but personally I never used my tags. Bought 20 of them, mounted 3 of them and even those 3 I used for a couple of days and then forgot about them. I like paying with my phone via Google wallet but thats about it.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

I was thinking of having one in my car to have it switch bluetooth on and start up a podcast app. I dont think I will use a ton. Prob just buy a 5 pack somewhere and try it out :/

anon(52425)

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site

I was thinking of having one in my car to have it switch bluetooth on and start up a podcast app. I dont think I will use a ton. Prob just buy a 5 pack somewhere and try it out :/
That is where I have (or had) one mounted. Probably used that one the most over those days. I had one next to my bedside to turn on do not disturb (whatever Android calls it) and open up a scanner app. Another next to my entry way where I would tap my phone against it to turn on wifi and something else (I cant fully remember). There are a few cool ideas that can be found on the web.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site

Looks like there are some NFC tag/stickers that will not work with the S5. This seller on ebay explaines it:

"You are buying 10 brand new NTAG203 NFC stickers. These stickers come unformatted and can be written to with any NFC capable phone including the Samsung Galaxy S4 and S5 and the Google Nexus 5 and 7! (The Mifare 1K tags do not work with the S4 & S5) They can be written to and rewritten as many time as you like. And can be programmed to do many things such as starting and stopping apps/services on your phone, or a combination of the two. Going to websites, used as keys to unlock things on your phone and much more! Simply search for NFC on any android market to find apps that make use of NFC tags."

10x NTAG203 25mm NFC Tags Stickers Galaxy S4 S5 Compatible Ships from USA | eBay

Edit: I just bought this:https://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-...er_Cell_Phone_Accessories&hash=item258c1e0529

Last edited: