Remove My Magazine from Lock Page

sdpliskin

Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
My new S5 is loaded with crapplettes. The most annoying was My Magazine when you swipe left on the lock screen. Here is how to put it out of its misery (and ours!).

Swipe you phone open. Press and hold a blank area of one of your screens and the page manager will appear. Press home screen settings and uncheck My Magazine.

I hope this helps someone avoid the search I had to undertake to find it.

compg318

Mar 27, 2014
Visit site
Thank you soo much!! Couldn't find this setting even after a few quick Google searches. So much better without it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using AC Forums mobile app

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
My new S5 is loaded with crapplettes. The most annoying was My Magazine when you swipe left on the lock screen. Here is how to put it out of its misery (and ours!).

Swipe you phone open. Press and hold a blank area of one of your screens and the page manager will appear. Press home screen settings and uncheck My Magazine.

After doing that, I also went into the application manager and disabled it permanently

-Sent from Tapatalk

eli_ao5

May 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm also having an issue with the lock screen always displaying the tv/dvr remote widget. For the life of me I can't take it off and it's a little annoying.

Edit: found it within the app settings.

Last edited:

eyecon82

May 26, 2010
Visit site
I just noticed After removing the my magazines section by pressing on homescreen and go into settings, you can do infinite scrolling. Win!

-Sent from Tapatalk

Kamal Mustafa

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Here are the steps I have done for each offending piece of Crapware.

In Settings, scroll to Application Manager.

Click on first Crapware.
Clear Cache.
Clear Data.
Uncheck notifications.
Uninstall updates.
Force stop.
Uninstall/Turn Off.

Might be overkill but no issues and huge Ram savings.
Cheers

Posted via Android Central App

skitz13

Jun 19, 2014
Visit site

- - - Updated - - -

Thank you, thank you, thank you!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site

That has to be the Most Annoying Piece of Crap Ware ever invented....

I could not rest until I finally found a way to get it totally off of my phone, I have it disabled in Settings.

BUDDOG

Dec 13, 2014
Visit site
THANK YOU SSOOOOO MUCH I'm sure the developers don't get it but this ANNOYING app and other annoying crAPPs don't sell anyone anything they just tick off people who might otherwise buy some other product. Here's a guideline to help developers know when they are designing crAPP. If you feel the need to hide the off switch, then it's crAPP. Get it? GOOD!

bsettz

Aug 14, 2014
Visit site
After doing that, I also went into the application manager and disabled it permanently

-Sent from Tapatalk

Thanks for the information I rooted so I totally wiped my magazine away but the wifes isnt so ill be doing what u mentioned as soon as she gets in. She hates tht my magazine thing.

Posted via the Android Central App

Jody Ougel

Dec 20, 2014
Visit site
I wish It was removable on the Tab pro 8.4. I have contacted Samsung and the office of the president and they all say sorry you are unhappy but there is nothing we will do. You are stuck with it. I created a Facebook page and you can search on Facebook Remove My Magazine. Maybe if we get enough people to let Samsung know we do not want it, they will give us a update to remove it.The photo is what I see when I swipe to the left. 11012591_10205993600544864_1057094228757420726_n.jpg

Last edited: