Galaxy S5 loses connection to AT&T periodically

ucsbTrojan

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Just bought this phone on Saturday.

No problems until today when AT&T connection was lost. I tried going outside and in the car, walked around with it, etc. but nothing was able to restore the connection until I turned it off and turned it back on, which worked.
That was around 1:30PM and it just happened again now around 6:30.
Mobile data is on.

Any ideas about what's causing this?

Last edited by a moderator:

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Re: s5 loses connection to AT&T periodically

Did the 4GLTE or whatever indicator disappear? Or did it still show 4GLTE but you couldn't access any pages?

dpham00, Android Central Moderator
Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site

I have this issue on Sprint too. There are a handful of us complaining to sprint reps about it on the sprint forums. One moderator over there seems to think the UICC codes don't match up from the system and they need to fix it. Waiting to hear back on this. It sure if AT&T has something like this.

Posted via Android Central App

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
Try replacing the sim

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3 via Tapatalk Pro

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
My Sprint GS5 will be on Spark LTE, but as soon as it goes down to 3G ot never connects back... I will go back to sprint tomorrow and see what the deal is.. very frustrating.... hoping mine was just a bad one, or maybe they need a software update to fix the issue if lots of people are experiencing the same thing.

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
Whats funny is if I restart my phone, its back on Spark LTE.. bit as soon as it loses signal and has to step down to 3G.. it wont go back to LTE without a reboot... my s3 was always on LTE... weird. ..

dpham00

Moderator Team VP
Apr 23, 2011
Visit site
This is not really a fix, but you can try to put it into airplane mode and then immediately turn off airplane mode. Should be quicker than a restart

Sent from my Verizon Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Whats funny is if I restart my phone, its back on Spark LTE.. bit as soon as it loses signal and has to step down to 3G.. it wont go back to LTE without a reboot... my s3 was always on LTE... weird. ..

To make it a little easier, you can try putting the phone in airplane mode, then back out. That will refresh the signal search.

From a Liquid Nexus 5

topasho00

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
hi im not an at&t user and im from the Philippines but im also experiencing this issue in my galaxy s5 my mobile data signal disappears and when it does it never comes back even when i toggle flight mode the signal returns for a few seconds(less than 5 i think) then drops again all i can do is call or text... i am hoping its only a software any solution guys?

dtephoto

Sep 15, 2014
Visit site
Just bought this phone on Saturday.

No problems until today when AT&T connection was lost. I tried going outside and in the car, walked around with it, etc. but nothing was able to restore the connection until I turned it off and turned it back on, which worked.
That was around 1:30PM and it just happened again now around 6:30.
Mobile data is on.

Any ideas about what's causing this?

supergeoffy

Dec 5, 2014
Visit site
I experienced this too on Bell Mobility in Canada. I noticed I couldn't open a Web page. I then saw that I had full bars of signal but no data connection. When I pulled down in the notifications bar it said emergency call only where it normally indicates Bell. I went into Settings-Networks then found the listing of the available cellular networks and selected Bell no problem. It's been ok ever since but interesting to see others have it too.

Kelly Kearns

Jan 10, 2012
Visit site

The 4g indicator also disappeared along with the AT&T symbol in the top left.

I have AT&T and no problems. The "AT&T" doesn't ways shoe on any phones.

Did you try the phone to see if it worked?

Did you have a circle with a slash mark through it for your signal?