06-25-2016 01:25 PM
105 1234 ...
tools
    I brought the phone back and exchanged it. I hope the new one is much better.
    04-25-2014 04:00 AM
    I brought the phone back and exchanged it. I hope the new one is much better.
    I have my doubt's. There is a camera bug on 4.4.2 that is causing battery drain but should be solved with 4.4.3. Nexus devices are experiencing this so I would imagine all 4.4.2 devices are having it.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)
    04-25-2014 04:09 AM
    Im not sure if I'm glad or unsettled by the fact I'm not alone with the issue.

I could not believe my eyes when I looked down at my phone and it was at 57%. When I went to bed it was at 95%. And as of this post it went down to 55%.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk
    04-25-2014 07:18 AM
    Do you guys think an app like juice defender may help? I stopped all syncing and do everything manually but still can't get a full day without a pit stop charge.
    04-25-2014 07:47 AM
    +1 for the two fingers tip, didn't know that!

- - - Updated - - -

Activate Ultra Power Savings by using TWO fingures to pull down the settings. A 100% battery charge can last 12 days and still allow calls, messages and the internet. However, its all in black and white and all other apps are suspended. I turn it on every night when I sleep.
    +1 for the two fingers tip!
    Eclipse2K likes this.
    05-01-2014 03:58 AM
    I get the same thing on my note 3 but it's not effecting my battery life. I'm getting 1 day with 4.5 hours screen time on a single charge.

Posted from my galaxy note 3
    05-01-2014 04:42 AM
    If anyone finds the culprit let us know . After initial few days where my battery was great now android OS eats up 70% of it! For what!?

Sent from a far, far Galaxy S5
    05-01-2014 08:07 AM
    Well I restarted phone before I started charging it and Android os dropped from 70.% to 16% and the screen is now no 1 battery drainer and all is well. I hope android os won't go crazy again

05-02-2014 02:27 AM
    If anyone finds the culprit let us know . After initial few days where my battery was great now android OS eats up 70% of it! For what!?

Its supposed to be the camera which we can't disable. It will be fixed when 4.4.3 hits.

05-02-2014 02:58 AM
    I'm not disappointed with the battery today but I will say the Android OS is taking a lot compared to usual. At least Android System is lower but even so its too high given my display time. Can't wait for a fix!

05-03-2014 02:33 AM
    Yesterday I checked at the end of the day and after 16 hours with 2 hours 24 minutes screen time my battery was at 58% but it said android system used 81% of the battery so for me it looks like its just a bug in the display app or the rest of the phone has godly power use
    05-03-2014 07:55 AM
    I'm beginning to think that Android System isn't nearly as bad on the battery as it reports. Its tied with my display time which in no way is lacking in any way.

05-08-2014 06:22 AM
    Someone bought a T-Mo LG G Flex yesterday and accepted the kit kat update, he's had to put it on the charger THREE TIMES in only a day. Mine is on Sprint CDMA and goes two days with Knockon or 3-4 days without Knockon.

Android System is tied with Idle and Standby at FOUR PERCENT. OS is 18%, Screen is 24% and Opera browser is 39%. I should see if this site has a dark color theme, due to p-oled my dark mode ebook reading drops the screen to only a few percent.

The thrust of this is that I sympathise and will be skipping 4.4.2 on my device if I can.
    05-08-2014 12:23 PM
    Took my phone off the charger at 7AM this morning and it's 12:30PM now and I am at 94%. I've disabled animations, use a dark home screen and turn off location unless needed, also uninstalled app killer, cache and ram cleaners and lookout. I only need to charge every other day.
    05-08-2014 12:27 PM
    Galaxy S5 : Android System using too much battery-screenshot_2014-05-08-12-40-26.jpg

- - - Updated - - -

Galaxy S5 : Android System using too much battery-screenshot_2014-05-08-12-40-08.jpg
    05-08-2014 12:45 PM
    I'm very happy with the battery life but its only possible because I have location turned off and almost nothing syncing. Auto brightness. Still, even though location is off the Android System is still using the most battery.

05-10-2014 05:02 AM
    Right now I have Location set to "power saving" but I'm wondering after reading through this thread if I should set it to off until I really need it. I also noticed that Bluetooth burns through a fair amount of battery power. I've usually just kept BT on all the time but now I keep it off until I get in my car. Havent run these settings long enough to see how much of an impact there will be on battery life. Right now I'm getting about 16 hours with what I'd say is moderate use. That's about on a par with my previous DNA which is OK but I really thought the S5 was going to excel in this department.

I'm really hoping that this entire issue is a KitKat thing which can (and will) get rectified with the rollout of 4.4.3.
    05-10-2014 06:48 AM
    i simply cannot believe android user in this forum.
    come on, why would you on the 'Location/GPS' ????
    is this the first day you are using android? OFF that function, only switch it ON when you are using google map or navigation.
    if you are lazy to even toggle that, get an iphone.

i have to actually register an account just to reply to this thread. omg.

do u know gps is the most battery consuming thing in your phone? sigh.
    05-21-2014 06:48 AM
    is this the first day you are using android? OFF that function, only switch it ON when you are using google map or navigation.

The Weather Channel and AccuWeather both require Locations Services to be on. I like to always check the temperature and forecast so leave it on all the time.
    05-21-2014 11:20 AM
    I had to sign up to post this because im now having battery issues after some 35-40mb OS update came through the other day. Im with Telstra (Australia's biggest network with best coverage I have good 4G coverage at home and work as well)

I used to get through a day 8:45am off charge, go to work, wifi connection all day, bluetooth connection all day to my Samsung Gear 2 watch, bluetooth to car 40 minutes in the day, go to the gym and then bluetooth audio to my plantronic backbeat go 2 earphones for about 90 minutes (while using gear 2 via bluetooth to control audio) and get home with about 75% battery remaining. On a bad day, maybe 65% remaining. Location services turned on, gps turned on (use it with friends for google locationing each other) then put it on charge at about midnight where i still easily had over 50% battery remaining.

Since this small update that came through, I now use close to 10% battery an hour... doing nothing... Its just stuffed and im not going to turn anything off because i need everything on....

Lucky for me I am in a position where i can keep it charging but still its a joke. I just want my old battery life back....

It also seems my screen seems to be using up a fair amount of the battery life (31.5% so far today) and my screen hasnt even been on that long with it sitting on my desk.

Im going to try a few things, might even factory reset to see if it improves anything.

Just wanted to add my 2cents

Cheers,
    Jaydee
    05-22-2014 02:14 AM
    I just started having this same issue. I've had the phone for over a month now and the battery life has been extraordinary. 15-20 hours on battery no problem - at full usage.

Yesterday, I noticed leaving work that I was all the way down to 13%, from 8am to 5pm. This is way out of the ordinary. I checked battery usage and sure enough, Android System had used 27% of battery (the most of anything). Today I'm seeing the same issue at 3 hours on batter at down to 78%. I always keep location on, so I've turned it off... but I don't understand what's causing this to happen so suddenly?
    06-10-2014 10:27 AM
    I am experienced same problems as you described for last two days, was not an issue before.

I just started having this same issue. I've had the phone for over a month now and the battery life has been extraordinary. 15-20 hours on battery no problem - at full usage.

Yesterday, I noticed leaving work that I was all the way down to 13%, from 8am to 5pm. This is way out of the ordinary. I checked battery usage and sure enough, Android System had used 27% of battery (the most of anything). Today I'm seeing the same issue at 3 hours on batter at down to 78%. I always keep location on, so I've turned it off... but I don't understand what's causing this to happen so suddenly?
    06-10-2014 09:04 PM
    Originally Posted by samsengfan

The Weather Channel and AccuWeather both require Locations Services to be on. I like to always check the temperature and forecast so leave it on all the time.

I have found that toggling the GPS ON/OFF only makes about 23 minutes difference in available battery time.
    I no longer turn it off and leave it always ON and on High Accuracy.
    06-10-2014 09:15 PM
    Yesterday I checked at the end of the day and after 16 hours with 2 hours 24 minutes screen time my battery was at 58% but it said android system used 81% of the battery so for me it looks like its just a bug in the display app or the rest of the phone has godly power use
    Yeah, today my Android System is showing an extremely high percentage, but I've 45% battery after 18h 38m and 4h 48m screen time. I figure I won't stress about it unless Android System is very high AND my battery life is poor/declining.
    06-10-2014 10:19 PM
    Solved!!!! just sign out your samsung account and bettery will be perfect.
    06-11-2014 12:29 AM
105 1234 ...