Galaxy S5 : Android System using too much battery

dee632

May 10, 2012
Visit site
I don't know how to do a screen shot but I just looked at my phone (2 days old) and it says Android OS 76%, and Android System 7%. Battery at 70% with 15 hrs 46 min on battery. Can anyone tell me what this means? Thank you. It's an S5

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I hate the battery usage on this phone, and its going back...check out the time on, and battery level in this pic, along with AndroidView attachment 114541 system

The issue is any KitKat device is doing this. Google is working on a fix and phone manufacturers will need to update their software with it. I've read that it appears to be the camera causing it to never sleep.

I've never seen that severe of drain before though.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Last edited:

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
ege7yhu5.jpg
u8yte2uz.jpg

This is all kinds of ridiculous. I'm charging my phone during the day which I haven't done in years!

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I brought the phone back and exchanged it. I hope the new one is much better.

I have my doubt's. There is a camera bug on 4.4.2 that is causing battery drain but should be solved with 4.4.3. Nexus devices are experiencing this so I would imagine all 4.4.2 devices are having it. :(

EggoEspada

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
Im not sure if I'm glad or unsettled by the fact I'm not alone with the issue.

I could not believe my eyes when I looked down at my phone and it was at 57%. When I went to bed it was at 95%. And as of this post it went down to 55%.

yjyvuta9.jpg

ty5ezeza.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using Tapatalk

fandroid18

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Do you guys think an app like juice defender may help? I stopped all syncing and do everything manually but still can't get a full day without a pit stop charge.

etaiso

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site
+1 for the two fingers tip, didn't know that!

- - - Updated - - -

Activate Ultra Power Savings by using TWO fingures to pull down the settings. A 100% battery charge can last 12 days and still allow calls, messages and the internet. However, its all in black and white and all other apps are suspended. I turn it on every night when I sleep.

+1 for the two fingers tip!

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I get the same thing on my note 3 but it's not effecting my battery life. I'm getting 1 day with 4.5 hours screen time on a single charge.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

Marina Bumber

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
If anyone finds the culprit let us know . After initial few days where my battery was great now android OS eats up 70% of it! For what!?

Sent from a far, far Galaxy S5

Marina Bumber

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Well I restarted phone before I started charging it and Android os dropped from 70.% to 16% and the screen is now no 1 battery drainer and all is well. I hope android os won't go crazy again

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
If anyone finds the culprit let us know . After initial few days where my battery was great now android OS eats up 70% of it! For what!?

Its supposed to be the camera which we can't disable. It will be fixed when 4.4.3 hits.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm not disappointed with the battery today but I will say the Android OS is taking a lot compared to usual. At least Android System is lower but even so its too high given my display time. Can't wait for a fix! :)

a8yvegym.jpg
ra7utany.jpg

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
Yesterday I checked at the end of the day and after 16 hours with 2 hours 24 minutes screen time my battery was at 58% but it said android system used 81% of the battery so for me it looks like its just a bug in the display app or the rest of the phone has godly power use

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm beginning to think that Android System isn't nearly as bad on the battery as it reports. Its tied with my display time which in no way is lacking in any way.

pedyzume.jpg
uzynugu6.jpg

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Someone bought a T-Mo LG G Flex yesterday and accepted the kit kat update, he's had to put it on the charger THREE TIMES in only a day. Mine is on Sprint CDMA and goes two days with Knockon or 3-4 days without Knockon.

Android System is tied with Idle and Standby at FOUR PERCENT. OS is 18%, Screen is 24% and Opera browser is 39%. I should see if this site has a dark color theme, due to p-oled my dark mode ebook reading drops the screen to only a few percent.

The thrust of this is that I sympathise and will be skipping 4.4.2 on my device if I can.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Took my phone off the charger at 7AM this morning and it's 12:30PM now and I am at 94%. I've disabled animations, use a dark home screen and turn off location unless needed, also uninstalled app killer, cache and ram cleaners and lookout. I only need to charge every other day.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danishpeer