Swapped handset due to small defect... New handset is better in many ways - different versions?

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Hi Guys

I had my Galaxy S5 for 12 days and functionally I was very very happy with it, however there was a small gap at the bottom of the screen between the bezel and the glass that annoyed me and worried me. The Phones 4 U man was a bit dubious but I stood my ground as other handsets did not have the gap. On receiving the different handset however I have noticed more than just the gap improvement.

I noticed that on turning this handset on there was no prompt to update, however on my previous phone which was bought the day after launch, there was an update - do they update them that quickly?

The fingerprint scanner on my second handset is much much better. it seems to work when my thumb is a bit moist when the old one didn't at all. it also seems to recognise my thumb much much better consistently.

This phone seems faster than my previous one.. Not sure but it just does. Also there was a tiny sticker on the top of the new one that said qualcomm 4g but there was no sticker on my old one.

I am much happier with this handset but wonder if there are different variants going out to similar stores? I bought it from one store and took it back to another.

BobR1908

Jun 17, 2013
Visit site
Odd how the new one had no update to download while the first one did considering this phone just came out.

Wondering if someone returned the one you got as the replacement?

I know stores are not supposed to box and resell a phone that was returned. Wondering if someone returned it citing no issues with it and simply wanted a different phone and the store opted to resell it?

Hi Guys

I had my Galaxy S5 for 12 days and functionally I was very very happy with it, however there was a small gap at the bottom of the screen between the bezel and the glass that annoyed me and worried me. The Phones 4 U man was a bit dubious but I stood my ground as other handsets did not have the gap. On receiving the different handset however I have noticed more than just the gap improvement.

I noticed that on turning this handset on there was no prompt to update, however on my previous phone which was bought the day after launch, there was an update - do they update them that quickly?

The fingerprint scanner on my second handset is much much better. it seems to work when my thumb is a bit moist when the old one didn't at all. it also seems to recognise my thumb much much better consistently.

This phone seems faster than my previous one.. Not sure but it just does. Also there was a tiny sticker on the top of the new one that said qualcomm 4g but there was no sticker on my old one.

I am much happier with this handset but wonder if there are different variants going out to similar stores? I bought it from one store and took it back to another.

tomothy94

Apr 18, 2014
Visit site
Odd how the new one had no update to download while the first one did considering this phone just came out.

Wondering if someone returned the one you got as the replacement?

I know stores are not supposed to box and resell a phone that was returned. Wondering if someone returned it citing no issues with it and simply wanted a different phone and the store opted to resell it?

Nah, it was a fresh one with a screen protector and all the samsung wrappings. the box was sealed with teh samsung sticker and i watched the girl pry it open with a pen. In fact the delivery man from DPD had just delivered the phones and this shop doesn't allow you to return it if you just dont want it, when you take out a contract you keep it unless you can't get any signal.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non