stock email has problems deleting, loading emails

Foxtrot_01

Apr 14, 2014
Visit site
Hello all,
I am new to android and S5, I had an Iphone so bare with me if I dont know much how android works. BTW I am a huge fan of Android.
I am currently using the stock email app, I have close to 8 email accounts(gmail, yahoo, outlook, live, etc).
My yahoo account is my legacy account and unfortunately that is where all my garbage goes(groupon, slickdeals, etc), i have around 10K unread email on yahoo.

The current stock email app seems to have problems deleting the messages, when I click to an email (combined emails) it takes a couple seconds to load the email, sometimes I cant even find the reply button on that specific email.

And to makes matter worst when I select several emails to delete, it says they are deleted when I scroll up they are still there.

The email keeps loading old emails from my yahoo account and I have around 10K and it seems it adds 200 each day.

Is there a better email application that can handle my several email accounts? Someone suggested gmail but I am not sure it can administer my other email accounts(Yahoo, live, outlook, etc)

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Maco77

May 13, 2014
Visit site
I have been trying to solve this problem for weeks. Samsung support is awful and I regret buying this phone. My Galaxy S3 worked beautifully. Based on that I upgraded. But the S5 is bloated and has so many redundancies that it is almost impossible to keep up with contingencies. The email problem also existed on the S4 so I have little hope of their solving it because there seems to be something wrong at the root level.

Oxford The Cat

Jun 5, 2014
Visit site
Encountering a similar issue here.

The same emails were continually coming in as unread, despite having been read and cleared; and now the sync has stopped working all together:

It was bad enough when they kept coming in, so I attempted to 'Load All' so that I could delete them all, and start from scratch, per se. That seemed to have completely bricked the sync.

The Email app says the last sync was 11:56pm last night, while the 'Accounts' page seems to think that the email is syncing according to its set schedule.

In any case, no new emails are coming in, and pressing the sync button manually, re-entering the incoming settings, turning sync on/off has been fruitless.

I have an S2 running 4.4.2 w/ Cyanogen flawlessly, but a brand new S5 is next to useless.

Robjn

Jun 6, 2014
Visit site
I don't know if this helps but I found if I delete a message using the bin icon the emails appear again, downloaded from the server. If I go to the summary view of all the mails and swipe left the email is deleted for good and doesn't come back!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I am currently using the stock email app, I have close to 8 email accounts(gmail, yahoo, outlook, live, etc).
My yahoo account is my legacy account and unfortunately that is where all my garbage goes(groupon, slickdeals, etc), i have around 10K unread email on yahoo.

The current stock email app seems to have problems deleting the messages, when I click to an email (combined emails) it takes a couple seconds to load the email, sometimes I cant even find the reply button on that specific email.

And to makes matter worst when I select several emails to delete, it says they are deleted when I scroll up they are still there.

The email keeps loading old emails from my yahoo account and I have around 10K and it seems it adds 200 each day.

Is there a better email application that can handle my several email accounts? Someone suggested gmail but I am not sure it can administer my other email accounts(Yahoo, live, outlook, etc)

Any assistance is much appreciated.

Yahoo offers a Paid Version of their email accounts. I have been using the Paid version for about 15 years.
The reason is, it has a very good SPAM filter, I can make any incoming email address SPAM and it is gone gone.

Also, Yahoo allows you to create throw-away email addresses that are tied to your Main Login Account.
I never, ever, sign up with a new service, vendor, bank, etc.. with my Main Email account name. I always use a dedicated throw-away name... then if SPAM starts showing up on one of those sub-email-accounts, I just delete that email address. Presto, spam gone.

For those who aren't familiar with the Yahoo sub account naming style, it looks like this...

MyEmailSecure-GlobeIns@Yahoo.com
When I create the email adrs for Globe Insurance, there is a memo box that allows about 150 characters to describe what this special email address is for. Believe me, when you have about 350 email addresses, you can't remember all of the cutesy names you made up.

To me, it is money well spent.... I don't have to run around checking into a bunch of different email accounts.
All of my email is delivered to one single InBox. That email can be filtered into Special Folders if you want. Those folders will display how many UNREAD emails exist in that folder. It is a good service at a not too bad price, my account is $19.95 per year.

yahoo will also login in to your other outside email accounts and bring them all into your InBox.

Something to consider.

DamienP

Nov 8, 2015
Visit site
I delete the email, and it comes back... This is my new hobby. I delete emails and read them over and over again. And then I delete them again, so they can come back.
Oh look I got more mail.
This is ridiculous. I can believe I haven't heard more about this issue or any flat out fixes for it.
Oohp, got to go; I just got an email...

Posted via the Android Central App