Are Android fans battery obsessed?

OceanView

Jul 13, 2012
Visit site
I think most people are concerned about battery life cause no one wants to run out of juice when they are away from a charger.
However, the S5 is one of the best phones for battery life. You have the option to go to power savings mode and last many many hours.
I've always bought extra batteries for my Samsung phones but this will be the first time I won't need to cause I can change to low power mode if I need to.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
I think most people are concerned about battery life cause no one wants to run out of juice when they are away from a charger.
However, the S5 is one of the best phones for battery life. You have the option to go to power savings mode and last many many hours.
I've always bought extra batteries for my Samsung phones but this will be the first time I won't need to cause I can change to low power mode if I need to.

I agree. I think it's a really great phone with great battery life. I charge it while I sleep, and so far it's great. I just think people are so used to phones with bad battery life that it is ingrained in us to constantly need to charge it, to look at the battery life, to think and question it.

L0n3N1nja

Jan 11, 2014
Visit site
Many android users had older phones with horrible battery life so they want reassurance they are getting better battery life with a new phone.

Posted via Android Central App

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
When Android System was using more battery than the display, which was on for 3 hours out of a 5 hour period, there's an issue. I have a replacement coming today to see if it solves my issue because at that point I'd be at under 15% battery. Of course, this usage is test based but that's far to low when there's no call time.

Samsung Galaxy S5 (Verizon)

Well prepare to be disappointed because it is a known KITKAT issue (not Samsung, and not GS5 issue). Supposedly is fixed in Android KitKat 4.4.3.

Jon Jackson

Apr 21, 2014
Visit site
Well prepare to be disappointed because it is a known KITKAT issue (not Samsung, and not GS5 issue). Supposedly is fixed in Android KitKat 4.4.3.

It's not affecting everyone though....so it is indeed strange. My battery lasts all day long no problem. Seven hours and still in the 90's.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site

I'm aware of this issue but mine was extreme. One day I pulled 4 hours of display and 4 hours talk and since then I can't get above 3 hours display. So there was an issue.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
It's not affecting everyone though....so it is indeed strange. My battery lasts all day long no problem. Seven hours and still in the 90's.

But it's a Kitkat issue and won't be resolved by getting a new phone... That's what I'm tryna say here..

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
But it's a Kitkat issue and won't be resolved by getting a new phone... That's what I'm tryna say here..

Sent from a Galaxy 5 light years away

Most likely but it was worth a shot as others have seemed to agree a new phone helped. Maybe it was an illusion I don't know but I was making sure. I know KK has an issue with the camera that drains.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I'm getting ONE WEEK between charges, about 6 hours of screen time and the phone is active about 30 hours. It just takes turning on Ultra Power Savings when not using all the apps. One does not need those apps to use the phone, messaging and internet features.

I just wonder why so few people go this route.

Eclipse2K

Mar 22, 2011
Visit site
I'm getting ONE WEEK between charges, about 6 hours of screen time and the phone is active about 30 hours. It just takes turning on Ultra Power Savings when not using all the apps. One does not need those apps to use the phone, messaging and internet features.

Mostly because its silly to have to activate a battery saver mode in order to get through a day. ;)

Greg C

Jan 11, 2013
Visit site
I'm loving the battery life on my S5. I'm coming from the Nexus 4 and my S5 battery life is way better than the Nexus 4.

Kwesi Yasay

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site

It defeats the phone's normal function of the battery, where others don't need to activate saving modes just to get the extra boost

Sent from my HTC One_M8 using AC Forums mobile app

ffejjj

May 14, 2012
Visit site
I won't do anything to hinder my phone user experience. I keep everything on and run my screen at 100% I get low I charge, simple

But more juice is ALWAYS! better

Sent from my EVO using AC Forums mobile app

HAWK

Oct 28, 2013
Visit site
My battery life is amazing on my s5. Get twice the usage of my iPhone 5s

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using AC Forums mobile app

ItsMeMandi

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
People's expectations are so high. Taking it off the charger at 7am and using it for texting and social media all day plus using it with a 3rd party HR monitor at the gym for 1-2 hours and put it on the charger at 25% 12+ hours later...really not bad. Hell, I'd be impressed if it was down to 5% after that long. I do notice I save a lot of battery being on wifi -- I have much better life during the work week when I have home wifi and then wifi at work versus going out and using LTE for the day.

Aug 6, 2011
Visit site
I say if you can make it all day doing what you want and go home with the device still on, that's positively excellent.

?Sent from a larger than life device. Using Tapatalk?

msnider23

Nov 10, 2013
Visit site
I have never had a phone that would make it over 8 hours with my heavy usage, so I just make sure I'm by a charging set up at all times.

Sent from my XT1060 using Tapatalk

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site

Buy a flip phone if you're gonna do that.. totally defeating the smartphone purpose..

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
esyqe3us.jpg
mu5uneda.jpg

zu6uzese.jpg
3eqeje2y.jpg

I guess you can say I'm obsessed, lol. Slapped in a 7000mah battery into my s3 a few months after I got it. A year later, this is the battery life I get

etaiso

Apr 28, 2014
Visit site

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress