Huge battery increase because of Google Services maybe?

dad2noah

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
I got an extra 25% out of my battery today. I am a creature of habit. I use my phone almost exactly the same amount of time, for almost the same things every day.
So I did a before and after screenshot. I went in and REALLY took a look at my settings last night before bed, and there were a bunch of things ON that I A) Didn't need and B) Don't know how they got on in the first place.
I think the Google Services is what made the most difference. The before screenshot said it was using 10%, and the after it wasn't even listed. I think the Google Services may be the GPS Location?
Anyway, here's the before and afters. You'll notice the on screen time is almost identical from one day to the next, and the battery % is almost identical as well. The big difference is the uptime. Before is 11hr 6m and after is 15hr 29m.
I got an extra 4 hours and 30 minutes using the same battery %. Having 40% battery at 8pm is alot better than 29% at 7pm.

battery.png screen.png

Here are my settings..(Listed in order as seen on the settings list view)
WIFI>3 dots top right>advanced>(everything is unchecked)
Bluetooth>OFF (Unless needed obviously)
Sound>Vibrate(checked)Keypad Tone(checked) Haptic Feedback (checked)
Display>Brightness (slider is at halfway point) Screen Rotation>OFF Smart Stay>OFF Screen Timeout>30 SEC Screen Mode>ADAPT AutoScreenTone>Checked Daydream>OFF
Safety Assistance>All OFF
Location>OFF
NFC>OFF
Nearby Devices>OFF
Screen Mirroring>OFF
Multi Window>OFF
Toolbox>OFF

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Out of curiosity, how long have you had the S5? Only reason I ask is it does take a new phone 5 or 6 charges to get in the swing of things.

Joe113

Jan 1, 2012
Visit site
Gonna try having location off at all times unless I need it (example: clicking Beautiful Widget to get the forecast for my area, or when in Google Now).

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Tomarsha95