Sprint s5

luv4u859

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
I am all set to upgrade my phone tomorrow. I really want to get it but I read a post on here saying that the sprint version is having issues connected to 4gLTE. Here are my thoughts:

1. I feel like if I'm paying for the service I deserve to get it.
2. I really don't get 4g in my area anyway, only when I go to a family members house, which I don't go to often & also I really use my phone on wifi when I am using it.

Not really sure what I'm asking about but I guess I want to know what's your opinion on it? Also if anyone has the sprint s5 do u have this problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

slackerjack

Sep 3, 2010
Visit site
The bug that people are experiencing is related to how their towers are setup...its not an issue with the phone per say. It has to do with the handoff software (at the tower level that cintrolls the cdma/LTE handoff (which is different on spark equipped devices). Right now...most towers aren't equipped properly... Its part of the NV rollout, its hit or miss in area where it's even started to roll out...in Atlanta for example, some areas work fine..but there's a stretch of toad in my way home with only 3g..the tower that serves my house isn't updates...so no matter what..when I get home...I have to toggle airplane mode if I want LTE (which is a rarity because I'm usually on WiFi anyway)...when the phone dripa WiFi...it connects to the LTE just fine (remember only the 3g handoff is compromised on non upgraded towers)...so I rarely feel it

Posted via Android Central App

jokout1

Jan 16, 2011
Visit site
With the steps they are taking now, Sprint could be really good in the future! The problem is we have been saying this for quite a while now and for what ever reason they just seem to keep screwing it up! They tend to try to put a band aid on problems that just aren't going away and invest in technology that is make shift at best! Big ideas with poor implementation!
They are now going through a big transition AGAIN and it is questionable if they will finally get it right!
The big question here is do you want to put up with this for another 2 years!? If you are happy and it doesn't affect the way you use you phone well maybe you stay, but if it frustrates you, (you notice their deficiencies every day), maybe you switch! Good luck!

Cheers

Meka Mac

May 26, 2013
Visit site
With the steps they are taking now, Sprint could be really good in the future! The problem is we have been saying this for quite a while now and for what ever reason they just seem to keep screwing it up! They tend to try to put a band aid on problems that just aren't going away and invest in technology that is make shift at best! Big ideas with poor implementation!
They are now going through a big transition AGAIN and it is questionable if they will finally get it right!
The big question here is do you want to put up with this for another 2 years!? If you are happy and it doesn't affect the way you use you phone well maybe you stay, but if it frustrates you, (you notice their deficiencies every day), maybe you switch! Good luck!

Cheers

I am honestly scared to get the phone and have these issues. Like I mentioned above there really isn't 4G anywhere where I live. I went to a family members house and I had it there, but at home I only get 3G and it's kinda crappy so I always use Wi-Fi at home, also at work I only get 3g and use Wi-Fi there as well.

Also read something thing saying that the phone was built in with 1 radio instead of 2 and that while on the internet you can't receive phone calls or text. Is that true?

ziva2006

Sep 26, 2011
Visit site
Also read something thing saying that the phone was built in with 1 radio instead of 2 and that while on the internet you can't receive phone calls or text. Is that true?

I have the Sprint S5, I receive my texts and phone calls on regular Data or WiFi just fine. People are making a fuss over it having one radio due to the disabled Download Booster function.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Meka Mac

May 26, 2013
Visit site
I have the Sprint S5, I receive my texts and phone calls on regular Data or WiFi just fine. People are making a fuss over it having one radio due to the disabled Download Booster function.

Sent from my Galaxy S5 using Tapatalk

Thanks for your answer. Do u have any issues with the whole 4g service?

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I have no problems on lte or wifi. I got 175mbps down on wifi. Most so far was 20 mbps down on lte. Spark is out in my area only 1900mhz and 800 mhz lte.

jordo487

Jun 7, 2011
Visit site
I am all set to upgrade my phone tomorrow. I really want to get it but I read a post on here saying that the sprint version is having issues connected to 4gLTE. Here are my thoughts:

1. I feel like if I'm paying for the service I deserve to get it.
2. I really don't get 4g in my area anyway, only when I go to a family members house, which I don't go to often & also I really use my phone on wifi when I am using it.

Not really sure what I'm asking about but I guess I want to know what's your opinion on it? Also if anyone has the sprint s5 do u have this problem

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The phone works great and is great. It just will ONLY connect to 3G and Spark right now though and what the complaints are about because everyone that was on other phones, was getting LTE and the towers wont connect to the S5 with LTE, only 3G or Spark right now.

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
People are up in arms about the one radio because you cannot have voice and data at the same time. When voice over lte comes out you will be able too but prob wont happen any time soon. I dont care about that that much because I am rarely on a call.

You still get texts and calls while on lte. It just switches real quick back to voice when you are using data. I text and use data all the time with no problem or hiccup at all. It works.

schwanz583

Apr 15, 2014
Visit site
I left Sprint and went to At&t. Have been very happy since. Had the S5 on sprint, that's when I contacted sprint corporate office and they finally told me that the new tri band phones will not work on ANY of there 4G networks for the time being. Because they are single radio phones, they cannot switch back and forth from 3g to lte or spark properly to receive messages and calls while the phone is on lte or spark. So the phones will default to 3G only until sprint finds a fix. They told me it could take a year or so to fix it and they recommended using 3g or WiFi only. I told them that was unacceptable and they allowed me to cancel all contracts and move on.. they were surprisingly understanding. So I will not go back to Sprint until they get there network sorted out. If you choose to stay and buy an s5, just be prepared to not get any 4G service.. good luck

atg284

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I can still send and receive texts while on only lte.

But due to my low voice usage its is a minor issue. Voice over lte will prob take another 1-2 years to roll out.

Cobravision

Jul 18, 2010
Visit site
So if I am on the phone I can't text? It's not a huge deal since I don't really talk on the phone much tho.

You can't be on a voice call and go on the internet over data at the same time. Once you make a call, 3g and LTE are disabled. You can still get data over wifi.

ab304945

Dec 20, 2010
Visit site
I left Sprint and went to At&t. Have been very happy since. Had the S5 on sprint, that's when I contacted sprint corporate office and they finally told me that the new tri band phones will not work on ANY of there 4G networks for the time being. Because they are single radio phones, they cannot switch back and forth from 3g to lte or spark properly to receive messages and calls while the phone is on lte or spark. So the phones will default to 3G only until sprint finds a fix. They told me it could take a year or so to fix it and they recommended using 3g or WiFi only. I told them that was unacceptable and they allowed me to cancel all contracts and move on.. they were surprisingly understanding. So I will not go back to Sprint until they get there network sorted out. If you choose to stay and buy an s5, just be prepared to not get any 4G service.. good luck

By the way spark is lte. They don't know what they are talking about. I get lte all the time. You only don't get lte when you are on a voice call.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress