Locking a video while watching?

LisaLee660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I could have sworn I had read somewhere a few weeks ago about how I could prevent the phone from navigating while I'm watching a video. At the time I didn't pay much attention because it wasn't an issue for me. Now I'm getting frustrated with when I accidentally touch a button on the phone (seems this phone is super sensitive) while watching a video, it keeps going out and I have to start from the beginning after going back in again. Very annoying. Anyone else?
Thanks in advance for your help. Lisa

LisaLee660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Try hitting the power button while video is playing? That was the way to lock it on the S4.

Thanks for your quick replay and suggestion. I did try it and unfortunately it didn't work. When I hit the power button it makes the whole screen blackout and freeze and I have to hit the home button and unlock again. UGH.

LisaLee660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
Well now I'm interested to know how to do this as well. I used that feature a lot on my S4.

I was just reading a thread from a while ago that the same thing was happening to users on the S3. Hitting the power button created a black screen and would have to unlock phone and go back into the video. Maybe you were one of the lucky ones...:)

bassplayrguy

Trusted Member
May 3, 2013
Visit site
I just pulled up a video from my gallery and while it was playing I hit the power button and a lock came on the screen. So it works from gallery but not sure about youtube. Are you referring to online video?

shanghaichica

Aug 17, 2013
Visit site
I use MX player pro to watch my videos and it allows you to lock the screen when watching videos.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

LisaLee660

Apr 23, 2014
Visit site
I just pulled up a video from my gallery and while it was playing I hit the power button and a lock came on the screen. So it works from gallery but not sure about youtube. Are you referring to online video?

Yes, sorry I wasn't clear about that. I was completely referring to online videos...youtube, FB , etc....

- - - Updated - - -

I use MX player pro to watch my videos and it allows you to lock the screen when watching videos.

Posted from my galaxy note 3

Does that app work with online videos?

heward16

Oct 15, 2016
Visit site
Re: Can I lock my screen while watching Vedio on my Samsung tablet E?

i have a 3 year old niece who like watching frozen on my tablet and she keep pressing the back button, is there anyway I can lock the buttons?? Samsung tablet E