Amazon App Store won't install, S5

Ian Ivey

May 23, 2014
Visit site
UPDATE: RESOLVED
In the Security settings, I've enabled "Unknown sources" but when I run the Amazon App Store installer, the installer shows the permissions and device access page, with Cancel and Install soft buttons at the bottom, but the Install soft button is non-responsive. The Cancel button works.

Any ideas?

Last edited:

jpr

Sep 14, 2010
Visit site
Are you by chance running the app Screen Filter? That's a known bug if so. If not, maybe another is interfering. If you have the screen filter app just turn it off until the install is over.

Ian Ivey

May 23, 2014
Visit site
How about that. No, I wasn't running Screen Filter, but I was running an app called Twilight, which dims and shifts the color of the screen toward red in the evening. Your comment made me think about anything that might be affecting the screen, so I paused Twilight, and the Install button immediately became responsive.

Nice tip -- thanks for the help!

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
You are better off to NOT install Amazon Suites.

That single app is the worst battery hog there ever was made. I had to delete it off the phone because it constantly keeps sending data back and forth.

thank you, but a pc is the only way I will mess with Amazon.

junkmaledr

Apr 6, 2015
Visit site
Re: Amazon App Store won't install - Same issue here

Brilliant! Similar problem on my LG. Got the Amazon App Store to install, and a few of the apps I have stored there, but then it quit. I had seen the tip about Screen Filter but I had never heard of it and didn't know what it was. I DO run Twilight. Precisely the problem. Pause Twilight and the installer works perfectly. Many thanks!

Wired Kel

Apr 17, 2015
Visit site
Solved for me too. I've been frustrated for about a month over this. I use an app called Darker that lowers the brightness when I'm reading in bed. Stopped it and the Install button worked again. I'm not going back to sleep now, though. ;-)

chrisgianti

Jun 13, 2011
Visit site
POTENTIAL SOLUTION...same issue. I'm on samsung note 3 with 5.0 software. Even when I succeeded in installing, apps were slow or never would install. Some, once installed, wouldn't recognize the appstore as present.

So I happen to have an old version called "Appstore-642000010.apk" it worked quickly and so did the apps I installed through it. It was flawless. I was surprised.

The icon for this version has a little hand on it. The icon is orange with a white stripe across the top. If you're unable to find an old version of the appstore on google, let me know and I'll figure out a way to share it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tress