Samsung Galaxy S5 not charging (using portable charger)

kendabeatz

Jun 30, 2012
Visit site
Hey all,

So I just purchased an international model (900H to be exact) of the S5 and have a major charging issue.

First of all I'd like to mentioned that similarly to a lot of people who have purchased the phone in the UK, I have only received a regular microUSB, or USB2 cable, in the box. I don't mind that since I transfer the files directly to the and from the microSD card anyways as opposed to plugging my phone in my computer.

The problem is when I try to charge the phone with anything but a 2.1v output wall adapter. So it's NOT the cable that's the problem (I've tried mixing and matching) but the charging only initiates when I charge the phone with my the giving samsung wall adapter and my nexus 5 all adapter since they have a high output voltage for a phone charger. But it doesn't work with let's say, an iPhone 5 charger since the output is lower (as mentioned, this issue is present even with the official s5 usb cable).

ANOTHER problem though, and the biggest for me at this moment, is that it failes to charge with my mophie juicepack station (6000mAh) when it has a 2.1v output). This to me is a problem since I don't work at a desk and use the mophie juicepack station on the go several times a week.

If anyone has any suggestions or have experiences the same issue, please chime in to resolve this issue as it is not a minor flaw, considering it contributes as another problem to the already built up charging the problems people are experiencing with the S5.

Thank you guys in advance and I hope to hear from you all soon.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Roger Clark1

Feb 7, 2014
Visit site
Hello, were you able to resolve this issue - specifically with regard to the battery charger? I just purchased a 20000mah charger and it charges my wife's Note 3 (phone), and both of our Tablets, but not the frickin' Galaxy S5. Any insight?

Troy Howarth

Dec 25, 2014
Visit site
Similar issue. Although mine charges but only while the screen is active (ie phone is on). If the screen goes to sleep / phone locks it stops charging within a minute or two. Any ideas why?

Bornrebel18

May 22, 2015
Visit site
I have the same issue with a N8000 (not Samsung but a knockoff). I figured out to change my sleep time to 30 mins, set the brightness to very low and allow to charge. It seems to be working, maybe it will help for u.

masteryoda445

May 27, 2017
Visit site
Just got an Samsung mophie. It was not working until I did this. So the button use press to close all of your open tabs and the back button. Use both thumbs just press down with a little pressure and hold both buttons for about 3 seconds. Hope this helps.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa