I like the s5, but two things bother me.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I like the s5 that I recently got, but two things are bothering me. Well other things may bother me too, but they aren't as big of a deal.

1. Data reception isn't as strong as my old HTC rezound when I place my phone in similar spots in my room. I got around 8-9 mbps down. I think my rezound had somewhere around 10-14 down which I thought allowed my pc to have faster Internet while tethered. Now maybe I need to experiment and test more, but I'm concerned the radio may not be as strong as the HTC rezound or some of the other newer phones.

2. Headphone audio output is low. I've compared music through my beats in ear headphones on the s5, m8, iPhone 5s and rezound, and the s5 was weakerror and didn't have as punchy or loud of a sound. The clarity is good, but the punch and loudness seems to be lacking.

Does anyone else have the same problems? If so, how do you guys make up for the issues and still enjoy your s5?

Jun 15, 2014
Visit site
The audio quality is quite poor. As an audiophile this kind of makes me miss my iPhone. I have to put my ear by the speakers when playing a video from YouTube.

That needs to be improved upon in future models.

Posted via Android Central App

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
The audio quality is quite poor. As an audiophile this kind of makes me miss my iPhone. I have to put my ear by the speakers when playing a video from YouTube.

Have you adjusted the media volume? I find YouTube videos quite loud and usually have to turn it down a bit. Don't really listen to music much on my phone so that's not a problem for me.

GC736

Jul 29, 2010
Visit site

It sounds like you are comparing the audio from the speaker to using headphones as the OP was referring to. Of course headphones are going to trump the speaker.

As far as volume goes, I have no problem with the volume. I generally use my LG Tone+ bluetooth ear buds, but used my Rezound Beats with my S5 and they were plenty loud, even at 1/2 volume.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
It sounds like you are comparing the audio from the speaker to using headphones as the OP was referring to. Of course headphones are going to trump the speaker.

As far as volume goes, I have no problem with the volume. I generally use my LG Tone+ bluetooth ear buds, but used my Rezound Beats with my S5 and they were plenty loud, even at 1/2 volume.

Thanks for your feedback. My beats from the rezound sound ok, but I still feel that there isn't a punchy sound to the s5 compared to the other phones I mentioned above. I wonder why the bose headphones I tried were low in volume. I guess some headphones require more input or maybe an amp.

Has anyone tried beats, skullcandy or comparable headphones with the s5? If so, how do the headphones sound?

atishc

Mar 4, 2011
Visit site
I'm not at all an audiophile, and my cheap skullcandy earbuds work perfectly well for my purposes. I find that the sound seems to be optimized for the native music app. For locally stored music, within the app there are several equalizer presets that can add punch to whatever range you would like, but it doesn't seem to apply to streamed music. Maybe a third party equalizer would work well for this? Does anyone have any suggestions? (Incidentally, I am using Milk a lot and am loving it.)

Thanks for your feedback. My beats from the rezound sound ok, but I still feel that there isn't a punchy sound to the s5 compared to the other phones I mentioned above. I wonder why the bose headphones I tried were low in volume. I guess some headphones require more input or maybe an amp.

Has anyone tried beats, skullcandy or comparable headphones with the s5? If so, how do the headphones sound?

_Zguy__

Oct 26, 2010
Visit site
I have been very happy with the audio output from the headphone jack, much louder than my nexus 4 and with multiple equalizer options I have got the sound to be very high quality. It is much better for my car stereo and high end headphones than my sisters iphone 5.

sirmaru

Apr 11, 2014
Visit site
I use the speaker directly when walking my dog and going to the supermarket. The volume is very loud outside my pocket but is lower with the phone inside my pocket.

Its just right for me since it doesn't annoy others and lets me hear my music. I keep the volume key 2 notches below the highest level.

psychspirit

Jul 18, 2012
Visit site
I am using the stock samsung eat buds and I do notice that it is more quiet than my iPhone ear buds. I'm not sure what to do.... Just sticking to what I have for now... But I enjoyed my music better in on my iPhone

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

scaramouch1

Nov 5, 2012
Visit site
I tried the stock earphones and they were rubbish sound quality why did Samsung put cr@p earphones in the box

so I'm using my Sony ones which sound much better
and poweramp with the base up gives plenty of punch the stock player has less punch 🎶🎵🎼🎤

Relgoshan

May 16, 2011
Visit site
Hey does the S5 have a shortcuts menu that pops when you plug in headphones? I'm really digging that on my Flex since I substituted Nextradio and a Shoutcast client using the app picker. As to headphone performance my monitors are USB only, but my cheapo Phillips earhuggers (not in-ear buds) are louder than the lawn mower without resorting to max volume. I normally use a mono BT for light media and there is no wireless artifacting there either. I feel the max digital gain on BT is lower than my Echo, but that one could turn the earbud into a desk speaker :/

(Plantronics M28 ultra cheapo, loud enough and clear enough to use while operating machinery. For thirty bux it tracks two phones and tells me whether I dropped one, and has this onminous dimming with "Volume. MAXIMUM." in the last moment before it tries to kill a man.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non