screen lags on calls.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
I think I know the answer to this, but I'll ask anyways to see if anyone else has the same issues.
When someone calls me and my phone starts ringing, it sometimes takes 10 seconds for the screen to light up so I can answer or reject. Sometimes the call almost gets transferred to voicemail before I can do anything. Nothing specific reproduces the problem, I've tried. It only happens when my phone is locked and sitting idle and starts ringing.
Another thing is that I was on the phone with Verizon for a customer yesterday, and my phone either would not lock while on the call or would lock the screen and somehow I would still be hitting buttons with the side of my face. It kept interfering with the call so I had to switch and use the stores Note 3, which worked fine. I pulled the battery, wiped the cache both in the OS and the recovery screen, I assume it's just a glitch in the OS now. Can't think of any specific apps that would be causing these issues either. Anyone else have the same issue? Appreciated in advance guys. I've been a part of this community for a while now and you guys never disappoint. :)

Boom! From My S5

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
That sounds like an annoying glitch. Have you tried Safe Mode, which disables all 3rd party apps? If the problem persists, then you know it's something with the hardware or firmware. If the problem goes away, then something you installed is the culprit, but you may have to uninstall apps one by one until the problem goes away. Steps are at the bottom of this article: Reset: Samsung Galaxy S 5 | T-Mobile Support

The other thing I'd suggest is try using the phone without the SD card, in case it's corrupt. Unmount it (Settings>Storage​) and remove it, then reboot.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Thanks, I tried all of those things. Still persists. I reformatted my SD card a while back because it was still stale from my Blackberry, the problem persisted through this as well. Is it possible that the proximity sensor might be an issue even though light is different every time it happens?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I suppose the proximity sensor could be an issue, but usually the problem that occurs it the phone's screen blanking out when held up against the ear, then not turning back on when taking it away. I haven't heard of it causing the screen not to wake up from sleep when you get a call.

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I had similar issue, Check if you have power saving enabled ,Since i disabled the power saving mode, the issue hasn't occurred and battery life is still good.

I also find, on default ringtone it occurred more and i change the ringtone to hangouts call and issue disappeared, as strange as it sounds but this worked for me, whatever was issue.

troshs

Trusted Member
Jul 6, 2013
Visit site
Power save mode could be the issue, but if that's the case then it should be addressed by Samsung. The fact of the matter is that say you were in an area where you were to receive an emergency phone call, and the screen never lit up for you to answer because of power saving mode? Especially if you don't have a charger nearby. Wow.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty