11-14-2014 10:57 PM
131 ... 456
tools
    I used to have excellent battery life with the previous version of Android software. After this update yesterday, the battery drains incredibly fast. By the time it is mid afternoon, it is down to 20% left where as before it would give me a full 24 hours. Somehow the Power Saving mode I had configure before got wiped out and I had to reset it. But even then the behavior is terrible. I have not installed any new app or anything.
    On top of that, my mobile web version of gmail (not the app) does not work. It just hangs trying to connect in rapid succession.
    Finally the txt messaging is also screwed up. For some reason, any group MMS are either being delayed at which point I get a notification but the message itself wont be delivered until I get good 4G coverage or come to me as emails. I don't know what setting is causing this.
    All in all, I must say I am very unhappy. Any one has any ideas to fix this?
    09-27-2014 07:27 PM
    Google Services has not worked for me all day, I am wondering if this update had something to do with that?

The Play Store comes up and it works, but AirDroid will not work as it wants to sign in to Google and it can't.
    09-27-2014 08:54 PM
    Same exact issue here. Let me know if you figure out how to fix it. It is insignificant but it's driving me crazy!
    http://forums.androidcentral.com/sam...em-emojis.html

This fixed it for me!
    10-08-2014 12:18 AM
    Does anyone have any problems with their sd card or goole device policy? My phone keeps saying that it does not recognize sd card. I took the card out and connected to pc ok. Even reformatted it. Put it back in phone and works for a short time but then says there is no sd card. For the device policy, it keeps warning me that I need to rescan my fingerprint. I do, then the message goes away for a short time than comes back. I then go to screen lock and remove fingerprint security and readd. Keeps repeating.
    When I did the update to 4.4.4 I also lost my MicroSD card, tried another one and it destroyed the card. Called Verizon and they said the update has a bug where most phones will not work with SD cards above 8 gigs. No info on a fix.
    10-26-2014 08:53 PM
    When I did the update to 4.4.4 I also lost my MicroSD card, tried another one and it destroyed the card. Called Verizon and they said the update has a bug where most phones will not work with SD cards above 8 gigs. No info on a fix.
    I think "most" might be stretching it especially since the 10 people I know, who all have S5s running 4.4.4, have memory cards bigger than 8GB.
    10-27-2014 08:05 AM
    I think "most" might be stretching it especially since the 10 people I know, who all have S5s running 4.4.4, have memory cards bigger than 8GB.
    Goign to verizon this weekend and ask for thier help in reflashing 4.4.4 or resetting to factory original then wait for 5.0
    11-14-2014 10:57 PM
131 ... 456