Stoked to switch fom iphone5 to Galaxy5 Until???

jaybird28

Sep 12, 2014
Visit site
Walking the halls at work today and I speak to a co-worker that I know has a Samsung. Looking for more reasons to jump off the Apple boat I ask him. His reply was "I love my Galaxy but my daughter switched from Apple to Galaxy and had all kinds of difficulty and went back". Now all I really have on my iPhone that I care about is iTunes. Was this just a rare thing for her and its a smooth transition?? I really can't think of anything that keeps me with apple and I love the fun of a new challenge being Andriod

Jim Buono

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I've had the S5 for several months now, before it, I had the S3 for several years.
While the S5 has many nice features, I'm sorry I bought it and wouldn't buy it again.
My complaints have to do with the notification system and the phone making unrequested changes while in my pocket.
For example, I need to constantly check the volume level on my phone. Many times a day I'll hear the waterfall sound with the phone in my pocket and I'll find the phone has turned the volume all the way down.
Pocket dialing is frequent since once a notification comes in the screen lights and when that happens, random menu selections take place.
I've called ATT customer car about this and their response is that they have gotten numerous complaints but there is no workaround.
I suppose if you work in an office and the phone spends the day on a desk the problem is less significant but spend any time in the car and these issues will occur every time.
If I didn't have this problem I'd be very happy with the S5 but as it is, its a show stopper for me and I'm sorry I bought it. I won't buy a Samsung phone again without verifying this problem is solved. My wife is ready for a new phone but she's written off the S5 after seeing how annoying this problem can be. Of course, YMMV.

gdmin

Sep 16, 2013
Visit site
If u still want water resistant phone that's not annoying you can check out fujitsu's android line.. They have many great devices.. Great camera, great hardware...

Sent from my phone with tapatalk

sbhatia1981

Aug 7, 2014
Visit site
I was in same boat, check my post here http://forums.androidcentral.com/sa...-1-month-review-s5-apple-guy.html#post3860556

it does take lots of tweaking to get the most out of phone, but that's the beauty of customization, I was little tempted to go back to iPhone 6 but why would i go now for less resolution, no memory card, no swappable battery, no IP67 and grid of same icons, No doubt iPhone is beautiful phone but there is more you can do with s5.

emanwis

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
The only notification that made my screen wake up and pocket dial was the stock text messaging app. I couldn't find a way to turn that off and didn't want to have instant lock on my screen so I switched the default sms app to Hangouts and the problem stopped. I'm on Verizon.

Pocket dialing is frequent since once a notification comes in the screen lights and when that happens, random menu selections take place.
I've called ATT customer car about this and their response is that they have gotten numerous complaints but there is no workaround.
I suppose if you work in an office and the phone spends the day on a desk the problem is less significant but spend any time in the car and these issues will occur every time.
If I didn't have this problem I'd be very happy with the S5 but as it is, its a show stopper for me and I'm sorry I bought it. I won't buy a Samsung phone again without verifying this problem is solved. My wife is ready for a new phone but she's written off the S5 after seeing how annoying this problem can be. Of course, YMMV.

anon(749368)

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
I changed the lock screen to Active Notifications (look it up in App Store) and have absolutely no problems.

Posted via Android Central App

Jim Buono

Feb 28, 2014
Visit site
I don't use a lock screen and that might be part of my problem. But I don't think I should have to to resolve this issue.
I hate hearing that "drip" sound as every time I hear it I need to take my phone out and set it back to my home screen and make sure the phone didn't do something I didn't want it to do on its own.

psp1232171

May 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't use a lock screen and that might be part of my problem. But I don't think I should have to to resolve this issue.
I hate hearing that "drip" sound as every time I hear it I need to take my phone out and set it back to my home screen and make sure the phone didn't do something I didn't want it to do on its own.

Use pattern unlock, problem solved. You can also turn off the drip sound or any other sound for that matter, first thing I do actually. Enjoy

Posted via Android Central App

1Coopgt

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuudeeeeeeeeeeee So Stokeddddddddd

Attachments

• 611051.jpg
    611051.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 10
Last edited: