Contacts question

TextMeMaybe

Oct 12, 2012
Visit site
In my contacts under the Connected via section I got more than one of the same connection(not sure what to call it) . I've included a pic to try and help. In the picture I have 2 extra Google connections I don't need. Or think I need. It there a quick way to reduce to just one? And how do I prevent this?

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    8.4 KB · Views: 28

millerwa76

Aug 10, 2014
Visit site
I had the same problem. Do you have more than 1 google account (looks like you have 3) on your phone and have contacts syncing from all Google accounts? If so, I think that's your problem. I'm thinking that you have that 1 person listed in all 3 of your Google contacts lists and they are all being merged into 1 contact on your phone.

I had a similar issue since I have 2 gmail accounts and having the multiple icons drove me nuts, so I compared my my gmail contacts lists from both accounts, made sure that my primary account included all of the contact info from my secondary account, and then I disabled contact sync for my secondary Google account on my phone.

I also did this for contacts that I added directly to my phone (which is the phone icon), because they were not syncing with my Google account. I just went into my Gmail contacts, added those contacts through Gmail and then deleted the contact on my phone. When adding a new contact with my phone, I now make sure that I select my Google account to ensure that the new contact syncs properly.

Hope that makes sense......and helps.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I did just the reverse, I unlinked everything.

Now the contacts on the phone are the only thing that ever shows up.
I never get asked "where do you want to put this contact?"

My contacts are backed up by VZW every night, and on Kies 3.0 when I think about it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumpsterrentals38