Mini-text windows open up even when password-locked ... need more privacy :-)

alexis

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Hi - I notice sometimes even when it is fingerprint-password locked my Galaxy S5 will open a mini-text window on the top and display the text message when a new one comes in.

Sometimes I need to have people hold my phone for me, and I'd like to more privacy than that ... is there a way so the mini-text window isn't displayed, maybe just a notification, "You've Got Text!" or something?

Thanks -

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Hi - I notice sometimes even when it is fingerprint-password locked my Galaxy S5 will open a mini-text window on the top and display the text message when a new one comes in.

Sometimes I need to have people hold my phone for me, and I'd like to more privacy than that ... is there a way so the mini-text window isn't displayed, maybe just a notification, "You've Got Text!" or something?

Thanks -
Open the messaging app settings and see if there is anything related to lock screen notifications. There should be something in there to disable notifications on the lock screen, and or limit notifications in general.

alexis

Jul 8, 2011
Visit site
Open the messaging app settings and see if there is anything related to lock screen notifications. There should be something in there to disable notifications on the lock screen, and or limit notifications in general.

Thx for your reply srkmagnus.

Nothing in the messaging app settings I can identify, or the GS5 settings either. Using the stock messaging app that came with the phone.

Though I tried to find it, I know odds are it's there and I'm missing it. Anyone else been down this road before?

Iva_LadyDiCaprio98

Sep 21, 2014
Visit site
Go to your settings, scroll all the way down until you see messaging. Then scroll down to notifications and you choose the settings you want from there and you could disable notifications to appear on your lock screen if you so wish. (It does give you the option of removing the status bar preview on the lock screen)

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Don't recall where I saw it, but there is a place to "Enable" notifications on the Lock Screen.

Uncheck that and you are done. But, you should still be able to get a Sound Alert.

srayjacobs

Oct 29, 2011
Visit site
I found it in settings , applications, messages, notification. Maybe mine is different. I didn't know that was even there. Thanks.

[ Galaxy S5 ]