Is it possible to access hidden files on my phone from my PC?

kat1709

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site
screen is broken on s5 and I need access to hidden folders from pc

My child dropped my phone from the top of the stairs, and my screen will not display anything it has several hair line cracks on the screen.- if i swipe my fingerprint i can hear the phone opening but again display doesn't work. I have removed all my pictures and files that are visible to an external hard drive, all is left to access is the pictures and files i have in private mode. I wish to remove these before sending phone back, its essential i retrieve these hidden folders. Is there any possible way to gain access from my pc???? i can swipe my finger to unlock phone but thats it. hopefully someone has the answer please let me know as i am becoming increasingly frustrated trying to resolve this.

Thanks in advance.

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Re: screen is broken on s5 and I need access to hidden folders from pc

If your display is not working but your touchscreen is, you can just plug the phone in to a TV using an HDMI cable. That way you can see your phone screen on your TV and figure out where to touch to un-hide the folders.

I'm not sure if Kies can 'see' the hidden folders or not though, you could try that too on your PC, but I'm assuming it'll need some sort of password or something.

The easiest, sure-fire way of doing it is via HDMI, that way you know you're unlocking your pictures and folders.

kat1709

Oct 30, 2014
Visit site

hi there tried kies already earlier and no luck!! so by the sounds of it hooking up to tv with HDMI should solve all my problems.
is there a certain connector i need to connect cable to phone?? haven't looked at HDMI cable yet that's connected to my tv?? thanks for fast response by the way!!!

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site

You would need an MHL adaptor for your phone. They're relatively cheap now, just make sure that's compatible with the S5 as the pinout changed for some older models.

If you have a Samsung Smart TV you COULD try to mirror the screen but I think you need to activate this from the phone first to make it happen, but it's worth a shot.

Or, if you have a very capable Samsung Service Center nearby, they usually have test consoles that let them use an external display for testing and debugging. Of course, in order for this to be 'better' than the MHL cable this would require them to let you use it for free, so if you go this route, make sure you're wearing your biggest smile and those big, 'please help me Mr.' puppy eyes.

The cable is something like this. There are more expensive ones, cheaper ones, etc. depending on the manufacturer. Or if you know a friend who has one, much better as they can lend it to you.
http://www.amazon.com/Smartphone-MH...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4009202

Armando dulguun

Aug 11, 2015
Visit site
hey, what if my screen is not working at all but just a "back" and "home" buttons lights as i see them when i turn it on. is there is any way to view my private files from cumputer?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Non