Facebook and Internet bug

wookiee2cu

Apr 17, 2014
Visit site
Wondering if anyone else is experiencing this. I'll be in Facebook and click on a link that will launch the Internet. I'll view the article and then hit the back button to go back to Facebook. Later in the day I will lunch the Internet and that previous Facebook page will load, I'll then view all the open internet pages and kill that page that Facebook launched. Then the next day I will go and lunch the Internet and it will still try and load the Facebook page that I already killed. I'll restart my phone but it will still do it, I've gone in and cleared cached data from Storage and the Internet app cache and that seems to be the only thing that will fix it. Does this happen to everyone else? Seems like a hassle to go through all that just to stop a page from loading. I know it's not that big of a deal but it annoys the heck out of me and happens pretty much on a daily basis. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

VidJunky

Dec 6, 2011
Visit site
I haven't experienced the exact issue you are describing. Yes when I click on something from FB or just about any other link from another source when I go to my browser it will appear. I've defaulted my searches to Chrome, just FYI. However if I close that tab the next time I open the browser the new whatever I opened is there or a fresh page, just depends on how I left the browser. I see how this could be annoying here are a few things to try;

Go into your app manager, through settings, and go down to your browser and scroll to the bottom of the page and clear defaults. This should cause your device to ask you to choose a default browser to open when a link is selected in FB, well and all of your apps that asked you for a default, but you can make those choices after you get this one solved. Anyway, click a link and choose a different browser, most devices have at least 2 unless you've installed more. See if it is just that browser that is doing this. If, let's say you are using Internet, the stock browser, choose Chorme, then do all of the same things that you describe in your post. I wouldn't make it my default until you're sure it won't do the same thing you're having issues with.

Go into the browser to the settings and see if there is anything there for clearing history or cache upon exit. If you don't want the same page back and doing one or both of those things stops it, this should stop it also. Granted it this may have other implications that will hopefully be less of a problem for you than your current problem.

Try going into another app and loading a page from there. Twitter, your mail, or any other place besides FB. If you need to email yourself a safe link. See if the issue is with all side loaded pages or just FB pages. If it happens exclusively with FB than the issue could be caused by your FB app, in which case you could try uninstalling the updates for FB and seeing if the issue remains or goes away. If it goes away then try to install the updates again, check for issues, then revert to the previous version if it comes back. If it happens with other side loaded pages it could be your browser. If it turns out to be the browser do the same thing, uninstall the update, try it, install the update, try it, revert if needed.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
smokedog87