My s5 fell in a pool and now the two touch buttons aren't working, can anyone help me?

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Then port was open when it fell and I let it dry for three days , the speaker is now distorted and the screen flickers and turns green now and then, but I think because it still has water in it, but the main problem is that the two touch buttons next to the home button is not working, I've tried multiple times and I camt get them to work. Can you please help me :(. Will putting it in the sun help it faster?

Last edited:

black_thorne

Aug 24, 2014
Visit site
If it's still wet inside I wouldn't turn it on. It'll short and cause permanent damage. I would take the covers off and put it in something absorbing like rice or moisture absorbing packs gor a few days.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
I recommend that you pull the battery and leave it open all apart.

Put the phone into a 2.5 gallon bag of white rice.... a smaller bag will do, but the larger the better.

Leave it in there for a minimum of 24 hours, 2 days is better.

that will suck the water vapor out of the phone's innards.

the touch buttons should resume working again AFTER all of the water vapor is gone.

IF, you have access to a vacuum pump.... see Harbor Freight, they are cheap.....
Take a gallon jug, jar, with a tight cap on it, metal cap is best.... whatever, insert a nipple and make sure it is tight, use cement, rubber glue, etc......

run a hose from that nipple to the vaccum pump.... pump it down to -26 inches of vacuum on the gauge.

Keep it there for a minimum of 1 hour, 2 or 3 hours is way better..... all of the water vapor will be gone.

If the phone is going to work, it definitely will work again with this treatment.

4runnerbrett

Jan 30, 2014
Visit site
When your phone goes in water always shut off immediately and then pull back cover and put in rice and do not turn it back on for atleast 48 hours. The longer the better.

Posted via the Android Central App