Why can't I add events from S5 to primary Google Calendar, but events from calendar appear on phone?

fightpoverty

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Cannot add events from S5 to primary Google Calendar, but events from calendar appear on phone

I just switched from the default Samsung calendar app to the Google Calendar app. Events from my primary Google calendar, "Personal", appear on the Google Calendar app on my S5, but the calendar itself doesn't appear as an option when creating new events or in the Settings page. As a result, I can see all of my events that I enter via my PC browser (correctly under the label "Personal"), but I cannot add new events from my phone to that specific calendar. My other, less frequently used Gmail calendars (Birthdays, work, a few shared calendars) appear. Thoughts? Any guidance would be much appreciated!

fightpoverty

Dec 2, 2014
Visit site
Also, any chance I posted this in the wrong place? I saw the "Answers in 5 minutes" claim at the top of the site, but a few days have passed. Any tips would be much appreciated!

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I'll take a stab at answering it but more than likely, it won't help :( I've recently created a "work schedule" Google Calendar on line and invited several of my husband's clients to have access to it so they can see what days he's available and call me to schedule jobs. Just discovered yesterday that I can't add or edit events from my phone or tablet, only my PC. Thank goodness for ACR (Auto Call Recorder). I was able to listen to my phone conversation and get the details for the job hours later when I got home. I think I fixed the problem by changing my login email address (on the phone). I successfully entered an event from my phone and it showed up on my phone as well as the online calendar. But....I'm still not sure why the first email address wouldn't work from my phone. It will work from my PC.

The problem I'm having with this is the "invitational only" people can see my personal calendar from the internet :( And since I can't figure out how to change that, I can't have a personal Gmail calendar AND a work schedule calendar. I've chosen the "display this calendar only" option on my work calendar but others can still see it. I sent someone else an invite a few days ago and asked her if she could see it and she could not. So I guess I fixed the problem for future invitations but not previous ones. I don't know! The online work schedule is proving to be such a success, I guess I'll just have to forgo having a personal Google calendar. Hope I was able to help.
Monica