Lollipop update

SpookDroid

Ambassador
Jul 14, 2011
Visit site
Nothing official, but the S5 is receiving the Lollipop update in some regions in Europe now, but that of course is for factory-unlocked devices. Carriers, as usual, take longer than that to release theirs, BUT a French carrier leak shows their S5 update for December and their Note 4 for January, so it wouldn't be too far fetched to expect US carriers to update within the next couple of months.

I, for one, am not eagerly waiting. I'm torn between what I like and what I don't like from Lollipop, and the myriad of issues a lot of people seem to be having after upgrading has me even more cautious. But let's see.

naresh bathula

Nov 27, 2014
Visit site
ThanQ for ur info... But I like the material design and recently used app drawer... But some minor bugs are there may be devs should fix that issues.. ThanQ u frnd.... Sry for my bad English....

Posted via the Android Central App

dov1978

Trusted Member
Oct 22, 2012
Visit site
I've just updated with the Polish Version here in the UK as I got impatient and it looks great but too many bugs for now. Facebook just crashes at launch every time and a few apps are seriously laggy. Gonna restore back to 4.4.2 for now as that was flawless

sent from my Galaxy s5

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Do you have a Polish phone or a UK phone? Updating one ROM with the update for another ROM can cause serious bugs, including crashes and lag.

And did you clear the phone's cache after the update? You always should.

Karbyne

Nov 28, 2014
Visit site
Dov, I'd be interested to know how this runs, I was considering it, but am hesitant due to the regional side of things.

Edsel Mendoza

May 22, 2013
Visit site
I've just updated with the Polish Version here in the UK as I got impatient and it looks great but too many bugs for now. Facebook just crashes at launch every time and a few apps are seriously laggy. Gonna restore back to 4.4.2 for now as that was flawless

sent from my Galaxy s5

Yep having the same problem with Facebook. Temp workaround is by downloading Facebook 24.x from apkmirror... Play store will keep trying to update this to the broken (and weirdly enough lower build number) version though.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cloudsofmana