anyone know a great weather app

dougie1792

May 31, 2011
Visit site
I need a really good one that tells everything because I'm always out side in all weather please and thank you

Posted via At&t SAMSUNG GALAXY S5

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
I've used Weather Underground for many years but don't like their new format and it was like they hired 1st graders all of the sudden to forecast the weather. It was never right. I even emailed them about it. That was on my PC. I like Weather Bug much better and even bought the premium version. Never heard of 1Weather. I'll have to check it out.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
TheWeatherChannel app is "the only weather" app as far as I am concerned.

the rest of them just do not even come close to what it offers, in widgets or in a fully informed wx briefing.

I'm an old private pilot, and the TheWxCh is the best.

monicakm

Sep 8, 2012
Visit site
TheWeatherChannel app is "the only weather" app as far as I am concerned.

the rest of them just do not even come close to what it offers, in widgets or in a fully informed wx briefing.

I'm an old private pilot, and the TheWxCh is the best.

Hey AZ, I don't think I knew you were a pilot. My dad was an Army fighter pilot, then a commercial pilot (Braniff, remember them?). Retired a few years after making captain. We had a Cessna when I was a teenager. I took lessons but never got my license (freaked out too much when it came time to land. If I never had to land, I would have been great LOL My brother got his license.

AZgl1500

Feb 4, 2011
Visit site
Hey AZ, I don't think I knew you were a pilot. My dad was an Army fighter pilot, then a commercial pilot (Braniff, remember them?). Retired a few years after making captain. We had a Cessna when I was a teenager. I took lessons but never got my license (freaked out too much when it came time to land. If I never had to land, I would have been great LOL My brother got his license.

I learned "how to land" from an old WWII pilot, not from my "certified instructor".

My friend went up with me to 4,000 AGL and said "okay, now you are on downwind above the airfield and it is exactly at 3,000 AGL. Now show me how you are going to land." So, I did and got my hands slapped hard!

Then he took the controls and showed me "this is how you do it, don't ever stop flying the airplane until the wheels are rolling on the ground.. when we came into the "landing" and the airplane was 20 feet above the "ground" he started pulling back on the elevators, and back, and back, and back, until the bottom fell out at exactly the point were the wheels would start rolling.

I bought a Piper TriPacer PA-22 a couple years later after that lesson. I made a supreme effort to always make every single landing exactly the way he showed me. Right down to the point that the tail skid on a tricycle gear airplane was dragging on the ground at the same time the main gear touched the pavement. At that point, you dump the flaps, hit the brakes and the airplane stops rolling in about 150-350 feet. (depends on headwinds) Using this method, the airspeed indicator drops to about 40 kts and then just goes to zero. The attitude of the nose is way too high for the pitot tube to get any air into it.

That contrasts immensely to the standard TriPacer landings you see at 99% of the airports. Those pilots land at 90 kts+ in a level wing configuration, and the rollout easily takes half of the airstrip.

I loved that airplane, wish I had kept it.... but it was sold back in 1978 for what is now a pathetically small sum of money. $3,500 bucks.

I once had a chance to buy a brand new Cessna C-177 Cardinal in 1969. That year it only came with a 150 hp engine and was pathetically under powered. It was still a great two passenger airplane though. I could have had it for $13,500 new with warranty. Later, I could have installed a 180 hp engine and it would have been great!!!

Mst99

Apr 9, 2014
Visit site
I use WeatherBug for a general weather app and Rainy days for when I ride my motorcycle. Rainy days is a very accurate live doppler radar with very little real time delay. I highly recommend it for boaters, and bikers.