Spam messages

Ernie1202

Jan 19, 2015
Visit site
why isnt there a block/spam feature on the Galaxy G5 without DOWNLOADING an app like there is on the older versions of the galaxies ?? can anyone help !!??

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Spam blocking is normally done at the server. A phone would be pressed to the limit to run a good Bayesian filter, while a server is loafing with a great one. (Remember, spam doesn't come with a "this is spam" notice. The "blocking feature" has to analyze the source email address, the subject and the content to determine if it's spam or not. And what's spam to you may be something I want to get daily. One size doesn't fit all, it doesn't even fit into most phones. (My Note 3, an "older version of" a galaxy, had no such filter. Some email apps may have a kinda-sorta spam filter, but none of them can compare to running POPFile for 6 months. After that, with hundreds of emails a day, I'd see maybe one spam email a month, if that many. [A Bayesian filter has to be "trained" over a few thousand emails at least.] Unfortunately, unless you want to develop one yourself, there's no Android version [but the source is available].)

sanyka78

Feb 20, 2013
Visit site
There's spam filter in stock messaging app settings on my phone. It needed to be turned on. Messages from some senders I don't want to receive I just add them to spam list. If that's what you are looking for.