Why won't ultra saving mode turn off?

SMeekWoodworks

Mar 17, 2012
Visit site
I found a solution that worked on my Note 5. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future that has their phone get stuck in UPSM.
Click on the app drawer, drag the Google app up to the top of the screen where it says "app info", click on "More" at the top right, uninstall updates. Once I did this, it took me back to the UPSM screen and I could then turn it off. You will have to reset your Google Now Launcher, but that is better than doing a factory reset.

Bryant_29

Apr 25, 2016
Visit site
So, I think this issue could be caused by an update of sorts. To fix this, I went into my list of (very limited) apps and held down the Google app, and drug it to the top for the info. Once here, I uninstalled the updates. This brought me to the screen where I could disable the Ultra Power Save mode. Hope this helps someone.

Wedi70

May 5, 2016
Visit site
I found a solution that worked on my Note 5. Hopefully it will help someone else in the future that has their phone get stuck in UPSM.
Click on the app drawer, drag the Google app up to the top of the screen where it says "app info", click on "More" at the top right, uninstall updates. Once I did this, it took me back to the UPSM screen and I could then turn it off. You will have to reset your Google Now Launcher, but that is better than doing a factory reset.

I am still stuck in the UPSM with my S5.It doesn't give me the access to begin with. I'm desperately looking for solution that would save me from factory reset. All I can see is the limited setting and whenever I attempt signing off of the UPSM, it just gets stuck forever.
Please help !

Paris Lawrence

Jun 5, 2016
Visit site
Re: Ultra Saving Mode will not turn off

Just open the app drawer, drag the google app to app info, disable it, then choose your service providers default launcher when prompted

njsunbum

Jun 13, 2016
Visit site
Have very similar problem on my Galaxy Note 4, except, when I boot into Safe mode, it also shows up in UPSM, which means I have a very limited settings screen (only display and sound options enabled). Does anyone know how to at least enable all settings, so I can shut off the dreaded UPSM? Thanks in advance

Did you get a reply to this? I have the same problem right now. What did you do to solve the issue?

Last edited:

Karan Shah10

Jul 3, 2016
Visit site

Hi All,

I turned the Ultra Power Saving Mode and after sending a few text messages locking and unlocking the phone it froze for a moment so I restarted the phone. Now It shows me the normal home screen and I can access my apps page but everything is turned off and I cannot turn Ultra Saving Mode off. I tried manually turning it off, restarting it, taking the battery off and putting it back on. Anyone seen this that can help me figure this out?

P.S. I also performed the soft reset using the Volume Up/Power/Home method and when I click to clear the partition it gives me an error.

Answer
Safe mode doesnt work ul have to chose your default launcher that is touch wiz to disable it . Try sending a launcher from bluetooth and install and open it then when you press home button u will get the option to select a launcher ( only after you open apus launcher after installing) select touch wiz and your good to go. My problem was fixed this way.

DevineRose

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site

My stupid note4 is stuck on ultra saving mode as the shortcuts icon on top disappeared.

And the limited setting don't include any option to turn it off. Grrrr
Limited settings: wifi, Bluetooth, sound, display, location.

One of the suggested solutions online was to install any launcher from the Internet, to promote the select launcher to appear in safe mode.

Did that. But it seems I hit another dead end as non of the launchers that appear seem to launch the device back without the ultra mode tuned on, nor any additional settings appear.

The useless three launchers are: ThouchWiz Easy Home, ThouchWiz home and Nova launcher.

I'm clueless, and the timing couldn't get any better.
Please help

I

Last edited:

DevineRose

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Excuse my basic knowledge, In normal mode I found Google app and dragged it to info.
However, the only options I could find are force stop, manage storage and clear cache.

Force stop doesn't seem to have any affect.

Please help

Last edited:

DevineRose

Jul 11, 2016
Visit site
Another way to get around this is to side load any other launcher and to choose samsung launcher when you open the new launcher.

I have note4

I see three launchers: Thouchwiz home, thouchwiz easy and nova launcher

When I select any. I get the same result.

The phone display won't launch.(stuck with a black screen)

After restarting, the launcher previously selected will automatically appear but still in the annoying ulta save mode.

Please help

Hossam Eldin Farran

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
I have the same thing too on Galaxy s5 and tried all above and still the same problem.
I hope samsung gets to know there are a bunch of pissed off users now from this!

My stupid note4 is stuck on ultra saving mode as the shortcuts icon on top disappeared.

And the limited setting don't include any option to turn it off. Grrrr
Limited settings: wifi, Bluetooth, sound, display, location.

One of the suggested solutions online was to install any launcher from the Internet, to promote the select launcher to appear in safe mode.

Did that. But it seems I hit another dead end as non of the launchers that appear seem to launch the device back without the ultra mode tuned on, nor any additional settings appear.

The useless three launchers are: ThouchWiz Easy Home, ThouchWiz home and Nova launcher.

I'm clueless, and the timing couldn't get any better.
Please help

I

Yes Same here! downloaded many launchers by bluetooth and nothing yet! only in ultra power saving mode!

Last edited by a moderator:

Hossam Eldin Farran

Jul 21, 2016
Visit site
OKAY I FOUND IT FINALLY !!!!
I sent this launcher via bluetooth and installed it, then restarted the mobile in safe mode. After this launcher has started, I went to the "All Apps" Menu (bottom right hand corner) and from there, I found up the three dots where it drops down another menu. I chose "Manage Apps". At which point you will be directed to the applications manager. From there, Force Stop "Emergency manager Service " and DISABLE the "Emergency provider". Then restart, things will get much better :)
All the best! Tell me if it works!

lovedesign97

Apr 16, 2016
Visit site
I have tried what you said the only problem is I don't have the option "more" when I get to app info.
I am hoping you can help!
Thanks so much!

Hello!

I am hoping you can help me. I have the same problem but I have a Note 4 I don't have an "All Apps"

Please let me know if you can help me! ")

Hi Devin,

I was hoping you might be able to help me. My phone is stuck in UPSM and has been for about 6 months. I am hoping you can help me do what Hossam is explaining because I am not sure how to send the "launcher" to my phone via bluetooth.

Thank you!
Beth

Mine only says Disable or Force Stop any ideas?
Thank you

Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Bethel