Google Maps

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Maps saved places

How do you delete a location in the saved places folder in Google Maps?

Verizon Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0

cpaight

Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Re: Google Maps saved places

Open the Maps app and tap on the location you want to delete....when it pulls it up on the map there should be a white bar at the bottom with the name of the location, drag up and it will pull up a screen with more details, you'll see that it's marked as saved and have a yellow star, just tap that and it will unsave.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: Google Maps saved places

Thanks so much. I've been fooling with this for months. I wish I had the same knowledge of Google Maps that you do. Is there a separate resource with all of these undocumented features that Google maps doesn't list in their help screens?
Again, thanks for your prompt response.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google maps battery drain

After using Google maps, shutting it down, I noticed that it was still using 20% of the battery. This after I shut the smartphone down and restarted it. Does anyone know why? Thanks.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site
Re: Google maps battery drain

After using Google maps, shutting it down, I noticed that it was still using 20% of the battery. This after I shut the smartphone down and restarted it. Does anyone know why? Thanks.

If you are using Google Now, or any other app that uses Maps, it'll still show up even though you are not specifically opening the app and using it.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

Thanks. I am using Google now. Thanks for your help.

srkmagnus

Retired Moderator
May 23, 2010
Visit site

Thanks. I am using Google now. Thanks for your help.

No problem. Are you noticing any type of battery drain as a result of maps being on? I don't think you will be experiencing drain, but it's worth keeping an eye on.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site

No unusual battery drain. Was just checking battery status, when I noticed that Google maps was listed as drawing 20% of the battery.,e even though it was closed. A restart made no difference. Once I cleared the cards in Google now, the problem disappeared. Thanks again.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
railroad crossings on Google Maps

I thought I read somewhere that Google Maps was going to show railroad crossings on roads in their maps. It hasn't happened on my version of Google Maps. Did I imagine reading it? Help. Thanks

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: railroad crossings on Google Maps

Thanks. I guess I'll just have to be patient. Thanks again.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google Maps timeline

Is there away to manually list a stop on Google Maps timeline. I had turned the smartphone off halfway through a trip. I'd like to add the balance of the trip manually. Is there a way to do this? Thanks.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Google maps battery drain

I have a new Samsung battery installed. Battery life, under normal circumstances, is good. Under normal use, it lasts at least one full day or more. The problem is when navigating, using data, the battery, after being at 100 %, needs to be charged after about 4 hours of use. No other apps are running. What's my problem and how do I fix it. Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon network

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site

I have a new Samsung battery installed. Battery life, under normal circumstances, is good. Under normal use, it lasts at least one full day or more. The problem is when navigating, using data, the battery, after being at 100 %, needs to be charged after about 4 hours of use. No other apps are running. What's my problem and how do I fix it. Thanks.

Samsung Galaxy S5 Lollipop 5.0 Verizon network

Having read your post, Cache cleaning, I think I know why your battery is draining when using maps. Lose the snake oil cache cleaners, battery doctors and RAM optimisers.

See, also, GPS fix S5 - Dummies Guide

Last edited:

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site

Maps and GPS on for 4 hours will drain your battery like a vampire sucking blood. You'll notice that it also gets hot. This is normal. Nothing to be concerned about.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
problem with Google Maps

Has anyone noticed a problem with the new feature of Google Maps. The new feature lists gas stations and other places of business along your route. My system is not 100%. It's full of bugs. I realize the program is has just been released and there are probably bugs to work out. Has anyone noticed the problem? Thanks

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network

can3gxw

Trusted Member
Nov 1, 2010
Visit site
Re: problem with Google Maps

What kind of bugs are you talking about? Missing gas stations? Not routing properly? Can you give some examples of the bugs that you are seeing? Also - you can (and should) use the feedback in the app to report this issues to Google.

IMANUT46

Oct 4, 2014
Visit site
Re: problem with Google Maps

What kind of bugs are you talking about? Missing gas stations? Not routing properly? Can you give some examples of the bugs that you are seeing? Also - you can (and should) use the feedback in the app to report this issues to Google.

I have never seen a comment or notice from Google Maps, after I posted feedback. I've posted many items in feedback.
The app stated that you could get gas prices. It lists stations, but I can't find prices. It also states that you can navigate to the gas station. That doesn't work either. Take some time to explore this new feature yourself. Thanks.

Smartphone, Samsung Galaxy S5, Lollipop 5.0, Verizon network