So who hasn't upgraded?

freightguy1979

Mar 25, 2015
Visit site
I have not. A few guys I work with have and have problems. My phone still works great. This isn't bragging rights but I upgraded my S4 last year when the Kit Kat update came out and had nothing but problems.

So this year with the S5 i have waited and not upgraded and all good. So my question is has anyone had a good upgrade to lollipop?

Posted via the Android Central App

kenorian

Feb 27, 2013
Visit site
Had all the initial problems you've probably seen here. A factory reset on a rainy Sat morning and all's good.

geneod

Jul 20, 2012
Visit site
I'm still holding out with 4.4.2 on Verizon until something potentially more stable like 5.1 is released. There has so many issues posted on here. It might be a long wait.....

t11rmh

Apr 22, 2014
Visit site
I did have a few problems with battery drain and getting the contacts stopped message constantly.

However after 3 updates on total the phone is fine and the battery now seems to be lasting longer than before.

Also benchmark with scores with Antutu have increased so the new compiler that comes with Lollipop seems to be making it slightly faster.

Now that it has all settled down I quite like it.

This is my last day with my S5 as I am getting a Note4 later so going back to Kitkat for a while will be odd.

Upgrade.

sdsubball23

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I'm still on 4.4.4 and it's been working great. I have great battery life that last me more than a day sometimes, but that's because I'm not a heavy user. I mainly surf, chat, txt, and listen to music and sometimes take pics.

I've heard of some issues with lollipop and I don't want to deal with them, so perhaps a factory reset would a lot of them if not all of the issues. I also am not a huge fan of the bright colors and white settings menu. I like the settings menu being black, though at the end of the day I know it's not the end of the world.

Haalcyon

Banned
Jul 19, 2013
Visit site
I was so pleasantly surprised at the 5.0 update for my Note 3. There were so many horror stories for 5.0 that I was very apprehensive. AT&T must've spent some time making sure things were right and I appreciate that. I hope they would do just as well for the S5.

📐♻from the sliq side with the n.Edge✒🍫