Transferring all my apps to S24 ultra

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Hey everyone. Its been a while since I posted. This is the first time I ever bought a new phone. Meaning not a older model. The only reason I upgraded is because Amazon is giving $200 E gift card and upgrade my memory for free. Plus had some Amazon points saved up.
Anyhow, I currently have an s9 plus (still in great working condition).
What is the best way to transfer all my apps from my s9 to s24?
I assume it has to be fairly easy since its from the same company. Well I hope so.
My phone doesn't come til next week .
Thanks

Reactions: MarVaRa

bembol

Trusted Member
Jun 18, 2011
Visit site
I've never Copied or Transferred from an old device. I love staring fresh, I spend hours customizing and setting my new baby up.

Reactions: fresca2u

Stanley Kubrick

Jun 14, 2011
Visit site
I've never Copied or Transferred from an old device. I love staring fresh, I spend hours customizing and setting my new baby up.
The automated restore routines have improved substantially in the last year or two. However, if you experience strange "bugs" that no one else is experiencing, and you're unable to find an adequate solution, then a factory reset is usually the only recourse! So even when using these restore routines to save some time...you may end up spending even more time when things go south. YMMV

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Along with the app for the phone, Samsung also makes Smart Switch for PC, which is what I use. I back up my data to the computer & then restore to new device.

I perform routine backups on the PC & then I can restore a file if need be.
Smart switch PC is the best practice on Samsung devices, I do this all the time and I think is best method out of all phones available today even over iPhone

bhatech

Trusted Member
Nov 21, 2012
Visit site
Smart switch PC is the best practice on Samsung devices, I do this all the time and I think is best method out of all phones available today even over iPhone
What's the difference between the usual phone to phone Smart switch transfer vs the Smart switch PC one? I generally just use the old phone to new phone transfer that prompts during initial setup and it works great. I'm up and running within 10-15 minutes generally.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
What's the difference between the usual phone to phone Smart switch transfer vs the Smart switch PC one? I generally just use the old phone to new phone transfer that prompts during initial setup and it works great. I'm up and running within 10-15 minutes generally.
Phone to phone is great for the one time transfers but once that device is returned or no longer available and for some reason you had to grab that back up like factory reset then PC Smart switch comes in as it backs up multiple times as needed or have a back up copy from previous devices not only that u can can restore individual things and not the whole back up and it does photos and videos since now on Samsung u need either Microsoft or Google photos and other cloud solutions, it's a complete back up and restore tool

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Yes, and I recommend using the cable that came with your S24 Ultra to do the data transfer. It is much faster than over wireless. Your old phone is USB-C, right?
I have a s9+. So just use the cables to make the transfer?
Do I use the cable that comes with the s24 ultra? What about the s9?

ckfilmstar

Mar 3, 2016
Visit site
Phone to phone is great for the one time transfers but once that device is returned or no longer available and for some reason you had to grab that back up like factory reset then PC Smart switch comes in as it backs up multiple times as needed or have a back up copy from previous devices not only that u can can restore individual things and not the whole back up and it does photos and videos since now on Samsung u need either Microsoft or Google photos and other cloud solutions, it's a complete back up and restore tool
Hmmm...I think backing it up on a laptop is a good idea. But I don't have a Samsung laptop. I assume smart switch will work with a none branded Samsung laptop with my s9 to back up all my stuff?

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hmmm...I think backing it up on a laptop is a good idea. But I don't have a Samsung laptop. I assume smart switch will work with a none branded Samsung laptop with my s9 to back up all my stuff?
Yes that should work but also make sure Samsung cloud is on and syncing under settings>account and back up

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos