Can't seem to turn off notifications for...

Marina Bumber

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
... Certain apps in app info. I uncheck that option, but the apps keep notifying me! Both apps are Supercell :)) could that be their problem? I have to uncheck it every time, but all of the sudden, I get notified of something. I never had that problem, stated a couple of weeks ago.

I rest my case.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Do the checkboxes turn back on each time? Or could there be some other app related to those games that is giving the notifications?

I take it that there are no options within the game menus to turn off notifications?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Strange that it does that. Does that happen for any app if you go to the App Info page and uncheck Show Notifications? Or just for those Supercell ones?

Marina Bumber

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Just for those two! I have to often change batteries, maybe that's why? I still haven't check one by one, al the other apps, I mean. Just now, I changed my battery and here it is, clash of clans notification! :D but then again, I immediately went to see if the other app has checkmark, and it didn't! Freaky.

I rest my case.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
There are apps that don't allow you to turn off notifications on that App Info screen, but the selection should be greyed out then. I do recall other posts in the past about checkmarks coming back on their own, so it might be something with how the app is coded. Very annoying, though.:-\

FishenFool

Nov 11, 2012
Visit site
If an app won't allow me to disable its intrusive notifications either through settings or on app info screen then I will delete it.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I337 using Tapatalk

Marina Bumber

Apr 25, 2014
Visit site
Ooh but I love the game :p
Just now, again I received notification. It happens when I change my battery. Which is pretty often. It's like that resets my configuration, but only with that one app. I noticed the other one I thought is doing the same, is not, after all.

I rest my case.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member