Full battery charge notification

ben71r

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
Just about a week ago, I started getting notifications when the phone is plugged in and the battery is fully charged. How do I stop this? I looked through the sound & notification setting and can't find it.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Just about a week ago, I started getting notifications when the phone is plugged in and the battery is fully charged. How do I stop this? I looked through the sound & notification setting and can't find it.

This was fixed by Samsung on the worldwide models in the 13th February release, OB7, (changelist #4209230), of the Lollipop firmware and providing that you are using the original charger that came with the phone, you will not receive the notification screen banner, sound or LED light. However, if you are using certain 3rd party chargers, you may still receive such notifications for safety reasons as there have been a number of fires and deaths associated with 3rd party chargers, worldwide.

Check that you are using an original Samsung charger and that your firmware is up-to-date for your country and/or carrier.

Last edited:

ben71r

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
This was fixed by Samsung on the worldwide models in the 13th February release, OB7, (changelist #4209230), of the Lollipop firmware and providing that you are using the original charger that came with the phone, you will not receive the notification screen banner, sound or LED light. However, if you are using certain 3rd party chargers, you may still receive such notifications for safety reasons as there have been a number of fires and deaths associated with 3rd party chargers, worldwide.

Check that you are using an original Samsung charger and that your firmware is up-to-date for your country and/or carrier.

Thanks for the response. I have an original Samsung charger and my firmware is up to date. The funny thing is that it just started doing it the past week.

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
Verizon, model SM-G900V

I should have guessed!

The Verizon version of Lollipop is based on a very old firmware release, Nov/Dec 2014, and is only on changelist #3846539 which is a lot lower than the OB7 release mentioned above. See post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!!

As to why this has only started to do this now is difficult for me to answer as the Verizon version of Lollipop is heavily customised by them and not released via Samsung. See, #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

All I can suggest is that you carefully clean the phone's USB charging port with either a cotton bud or, preferably, an air duster. You could also try connecting another charger to see if this happens again.

ben71r

Mar 27, 2011
Visit site
I should have guessed!

The Verizon version of Lollipop is based on a very old firmware release, Nov/Dec 2014, and is only on changelist #3846539 which is a lot lower than the OB7 release mentioned above. See post #1 of Lollipop release. Massive update!!!

As to why this has only started to do this now is difficult for me to answer as the Verizon version of Lollipop is heavily customised by them and not released via Samsung. See, #1.6 of 40 Galaxy S5 models - Dummies Guide.

All I can suggest is that you carefully clean the phone's USB charging port with either a cotton bud or, preferably, an air duster. You could also try connecting another charger to see if this happens again.

I guess I'll try cleaning it. Thanks for your help!

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I guess I'll try cleaning it. Thanks for your help!

To be honest ben71r, I do not know whether Verizon's version of Lollipop should, or should not, show a fully charged notification by default. Perhaps someone on the Verizon firmware could confirm this... one way or the another.