Mirror tv to tablet not the other way round! Can I get some help?

A

AC Question

Mirror tv to tablet not the other way round!

okay. So when I had my galaxy S5 it had an already installed app by samsung called watchon. It was a remote control for samsung tv's but the feature I loved was the fact that you could 'bring from tv' to watch whatever was playing on my Samsung tv on my tablet. Paticularly useful if you had to go to another room, like the bathroom, so you could carry on watching whatever programme you were watching without pausing the T.v. For some reason samsung discontinued this app so when my galaxy tab S arrived I could not use this function. I have searched high and low for another app that can do this but all of my researching just gives me apps to mirror my android device to my t.v and not the other way round. Can anyone help? I've even asked on the official samsung forums but nobody even bothered to reply! Cheer samsung!!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Re: Mirror tv to tablet not the other way round!

Welcome to Android Central! Who is your TV service provider? Some companies offer apps that allow you to view live TV on your device (like Comcast, which is what I have).

Neil Carfoot

May 27, 2015
Visit site
Thanks for the reply. I have Virgin media in the UK, which only allows 2 devices to use at any time so with a household that has 4 smartphones and 3 tablets, laptops e.t.c it's not ideal. I wonder why Samsung discontinued watchon? Surely once the app is downloaded there is no cost to them for people using it?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty